S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

2008 S600 - Rear Entertainment Headphones issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 05:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
S55K AMG
2008 S600 - Rear Entertainment Headphones issue.

Hello all

Not been here in a while, but recently purchased an S600 V12 Twin Turbo after selling the S55 Kompressor.

Just about getting used to the way this car drives and handles, which is very different to the S55.

However, there are a few tiny niggles with it and there isnt a lot of information specific to these cars out cars. My first issue being that it has the rear entertainment system from factory, but the previous owner did not have the headphones or the remote control to give with the car.

Went to the dealers today and although it shows a remote ad headphone on their system, it says it not "specific to this car", so basically not available for me to buy. However, they said they can always order them seperately if needed BUT, they would need to programme them to the car (pair) so that they would work. They are not simply plug and play. Does that seem right? Or is there another way around this?

I cant get sound from the car speakers when there is something playing on the rear screens (freeview TV) but if i plug a wired headphone then i get sound through that.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
S55K AMG
Have been looking into the issue on Google and came accross a very interesting thread on another forum that says MB only started doing the wireless headphones from 2009, my car is a 2008. Maybe thats why they were blanked on their system and means i cant buy them

How do i tell if I have the wireless system or not? Is there any kind of a transmitter near/around the screens?

If not, do i have any alternatives or is it strictly wired headphones?

And last but not least, is there any way of getting the sound to come through the car speakers?

Sorry for so many questions, but there was no manual with this car, and its not exactly the simplest of systems to firgure out.

Thanks