S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Purpose of the CTEL Module???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 S550 4Matic w/ AMG Pkg & P3
Purpose of the CTEL Module???

This may be a dumb question, but I'm trying to understand what the purpose of the CTEL module is in the W221. I recently scanned my car and I have a fault code stating that this module is faulty. I do have the bluetooth puck in the armrest and my phone pairs fine with the puck and works through the system as it should. My voice command works also. The only thing I do notice is in the Navigation screen, under Data/Connection there is an option for Bluetooth which I can't seem to do anything with. Any input?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,046 Likes on 969 Posts
1999 E300TD
Did you ever double click on the fault to understand what the specifics are?-------The CTEL module is very complicated and you will be best served if you got off the rug and searched the web where there are millions of CTEL topics
Old 01-25-2018, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 S550 4Matic w/ AMG Pkg & P3
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Did you ever double click on the fault to understand what the specifics are?-------The CTEL module is very complicated and you will be best served if you got off the rug and searched the web where there are millions of CTEL topics
I know its a complicated module and I have exhausted my research online in regards to this module. I've only asked because I really haven't noticed anything not working in the car. Bluetooth pairs properly with the puck and works just fine with all controls. Phone system shows my contacts and recent calls as it should. Attached is a picture of what the fault code says.