S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Ballast, xenon control unit (passenger side) keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s350
Ballast, xenon control unit (passenger side) keeps blowing

I have 2012 S class w221. After a few days i have bought a car the passenger side xenon (D1S bulb) stopped working. I changed the xenon bulb, but nothing worked. Then i swapped the ballasts(put the original from driver 's side to passenger side) and it worked. So i have bought from ebay used but original ballast and i put it to the driver' s side. So i left the original (which i took from drivers side) on passenger side. After a few days the passenger side xenon stopped working again. i changed the bulb, but nothing worked again, so ballast blown again. Does someone know what keeps blowing the ballast? I even went to local guy who is dealing with led* , xenons e.t.c. He connected his own aftermarket universal ballast , but the bulb was only flicking. I am afraid if i buy another ballast it will be blown again. What is the solution? Please Help!connected his own aftermarket universal ballast , but the bulb was only flicking. I am afraid if i buy anothe
Old 07-14-2018, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221.171
Hi, I am currently having a similar problem on my face-lifted W221, did you manage to find and fix your problem?
Thx,
Sid.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 / W211 / W202
Guys, Please check if there's any water leakage.

I had the same . . . and I found a very small crack at the top of the headlight, I lost several ballast till I found it.