S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vehicle Rise Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 W221
Red face Vehicle Rise Question

Hi guys, long time creeper, first post. I'm a bimmer guy but have had MB's over the years. Picked up a Andorite Grey 2007 S550 at auction with light hail damage and clean title. Fixed the hail except for the roof. (I'm in Denver, CO if anyone wants to meet up and cruise)

I lowered it via links but want to change the ride rise button to raise it MORE while driving. (it raises only half an inch now, would prefer 1.5 inches)

Here's what I've discovered thus far:
1. Pushing the button only works at 50 mph or lower.
2. Vehicle turns off the rise button (disables it) and lowers the car back down at 80 mph. (I guess there is Raised, Normal, Sport I and Sport II settings? or is there 3 in 2007?)

I want the car lower only when parked (i.e. showroom stance) and want it raise to enjoy the excellent ride quality this amazing vehicle is known for.

My questions:
1. What are my options to change the level of height the rise button can get me up to? Is it a percentage? is it static? If this can be changed, will it also change my "normal" height?
2. Can the speed at which this button is activated and disabled be changed?

Talked to my local shop and he said the STAR DIAG can only "restore" the height by retraining it. I don't believe them. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan