S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Changing Unit Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius in Cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 SLK55 AMG, 2018 C43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by NoBadKarma
Are people other than Pitek getting this to work? I have a W205 C43 stuck in Celsius
We should start a club! subscribed to the thread in hope of more information...
Old 07-15-2020, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Hi what scanner did you purchase?

Originally Posted by Pitek
Hi presidentvip,

I had it finally and permanently resolved and corrected using a scanner purchased in Poland.
The programmers added the feature in their scanning software to make it easy to toggle between Fahrenheit (F) and Celsius (C) degrees, and vice versa.

Again, this change is not possible through any of the car settings (e.g. Comand).

Thank you,
Pitek
Old 10-07-2020, 04:08 PM

S-Class 2016
Hi LAsunset,

I have all of the information you need about this great Polish company (name, address, direct phone number and certainly the website).
However, PM me and I will share the info about it with you.
I do not want to do it publicly here and be kicked out of this fantastic and resourceful forum for advertising...

Unless, the admin advises me differently.

Thank you,
Pitek
Hi
Could I also get information about the scanner?
Old 10-15-2020, 03:11 AM

c200 CDI W204
Hello. Could tell me the name of that polish scanner?
Old 10-15-2020, 03:19 AM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
there is no polish scanner
its just a pre programmed gadget that does one function you pay for
invest a little money in a real System, at least it can do everything you need and you can resell it later
Old 01-06-2022, 09:26 AM

AMG GT 43
Hello, anyone able to send me the link to the polish device? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-12-2022, 01:06 PM

S550
Info

Can you email me the information on the scanner too please? Flowersstacy@ymail.com
Old 03-13-2022, 09:11 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
06 MB E350 4Matic Sedan, 08 MB S550 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by DHL615
Can you email me the information on the scanner too please? Flowersstacy@ymail.com
I replied to your request. Please check your email.
Good luck,

Pitek
Old 03-13-2022, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 872 Likes on 724 Posts
S500
I had Snap On round my house playing last summer - as I was moaning the subscription I have for updates is a joke - as they never change anything and still don't support talking to all modules in my 221 (only 43 out 50 my car has)
In particular I was saying what a joke they don't support coding the cluster for Temp F to C, or the main speedo display from MPH to KPH (early pre 2008 cars didn't get the user menu for speedo units)

In the end they got more excited trying to work out lots of other stuff and we forgot to interrogate all choices in the instrument cluster properly - trouble was he came round with a pre-release new box of tricks with some part baked cluster coding features - but he was told not to use, just check if the comms was working on a real car - it was, and I could see they had MPH to KPH - which I know works as I've seen in STAR/ENTRY its easy to flip. So I said ignore what they said just try it and the car would swap speedo units no problem...

Later reviewing photos of his tool and the menus seemed part baked. But I now see there are idiot menu choices and developer break the car choices and Snap On where only playing in the simple stuff and its still not implemented. New update release out soon, will report back if they add this round... (but he was saying its usual customer moans 18 months later they might add it - and if they find its not right, they might just remove on a later update)
Old 03-28-2022, 09:34 PM

2003 S430 4 matic & 2004 S600 & S550
Polish Scanner

Can you send the information for the Polish Scanner?
I've got a Canadian S550 and want to change temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit
Thanks,
Motts71

Old 03-28-2022, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by motts71
Can you send the information for the Polish Scanner?
I've got a Canadian S550 and want to change temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit
Thanks,
Motts71
I would like to share the information with everybody because many members ask me the same question quite often. Yes, I purchased the scanner from a company in Poland.
However, I am not sure if I am breaking any rules/policies of this forum by sharing that information. If I am then I ask the administrators to delete this post and do not remove me as a member because of it. I'd like to continue to be a member and find answers and learn from other members how to repair, maintain and update/upgrade my Benzes.
So, the link is as follows: https://maxiecu.com/en/products/passenger-cars/

Also, please note and remember that I am not receiving any gratitude from MaxiEcu.

Finally, I wanted to mention that I am fluent in a few languages. One of them is Polish. That helped me and them to closely collaborate to develop and test that add-on to the scanner's capabilities to change the temperature from C to F and vice versa.
I was the Pioneer who got in contact with them and my S550 was the "guinea pig" for this important upgrade for the MBWorld members of the North American continent.
I have to admit that they had an incredible team of software programmers to collaborate with.

Again, I do not work for them and I have never received any financial benefits or gratitudes from them. Not a penny. I was just grateful that they did it and it may help others.
I bought it from them at a regular price like everybody else.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Pitek

Last edited by Pitek; 03-28-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:57 PM

S63 AMG Designo
Please message me when you can

I would like to share the information with everybody because many members ask me the same question quite often. Yes, I purchased the scanner from a company in Poland.
However, I am not sure if I am breaking any rules/policies of this forum by sharing that information. If I am then I ask the administrators to delete this post and do not remove me as a member because of it. I'd like to continue to be a member and find answers and learn from other members how to repair, maintain and update/upgrade my Benzes.

Also, please note and remember that I am not receiving any gratitude from MaxiEcu.

Finally, I wanted to mention that I am fluent in a few languages. One of them is Polish. That helped me and them to closely collaborate to develop and test that add-on to the scanner's capabilities to change the temperature from C to F and vice versa.
I was the Pioneer who got in contact with them and my S550 was the "guinea pig" for this important upgrade for the MBWorld members of the North American continent.
I have to admit that they had an incredible team of software programmers to collaborate with.

Again, I do not work for them and I have never received any financial benefits or gratitudes from them. Not a penny. I was just grateful that they did it and it may help others.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Pitek

Hello Pitek, I’d like to discuss further the process of changing from C to F. Please send me a PM.

Thank you.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:51 AM

S63 AMG Designo

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Pitek

Thank you Pitek for all the valuable information! I had a quick question, would maxi ecu programmer work for W222? Ours is a 2017 and before we purchase the Maxiecu scanner we’d like to confirm that the functionality is present. Thank you very much!
Old 04-22-2022, 05:16 PM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
just for your info
in no way you should update ecus over wifi neither bluetooth
second, all cars after 2016 required DOIP, this has not DOIP
in terms of fuctionality you will be limited as with any other small devices
so if you want to change some open settings and basic open scn changes , go for it if you can't affort 200$ more
if you want something complete
don't
Old 04-23-2022, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Amont226
Thank you Pitek for all the valuable information! I had a quick question, would maxi ecu programmer work for W222? Ours is a 2017 and before we purchase the Maxiecu scanner we’d like to confirm that the functionality is present. Thank you very much!
Hi Amont226,

Yes, I am pretty sure they will take the challenge as an improvement to their always-changing product. It will not happen overnight. But again, you will have to contact them directly, an email? They did me a favour. I am very happy with the product and it is not that expensive in comparison to a whole slew of limited scanners. Obviously, it is not DAS but it certainly does everything for me before I roll up my sleeves and get dirty. And, I very often do when one of my two Benzes needs my attention.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Pitek
Old 04-29-2022, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
Originally Posted by BOTUS
I had Snap On round my house playing last summer -

there are idiot menu choices and developer break the car choices and Snap On where only playing in the simple stuff and its still not implemented.
New update release out soon, will report back if they add this round...
in Snap On tools Update 2022.2 they have finally added W221 capability to change Temp Unit (C to F) and Speedo display Units change (KPH to MPH) or vice versa

Old 05-29-2022, 10:04 PM

2007 Mercedes S550
in Snap On tools Update 2022.2 they have finally added W221 capability to change Temp Unit (C to F) and Speedo display Units change (KPH to MPH) or vice versa

Botus, what version is your Snap On Solus Ultra? I'm thinking of buying one just for the sake of switching my 07 s550 cluster from C to F and KM to MPH but I only see versions of 21.4 but you say yours is 22.2? Unless you mean 20.2?

Do you know any other scanners besides C4 or Xentry, perhaps like Autel that can do this?

Old 05-30-2022, 06:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
I was thinking after I posted - for some MAD reason Snap On have a UK/IRL development team - and a USA based team - the guys working on this were the European team and it seems they don't necessarily share stuff on the same timeline... for example the Genesis brand is out in the UK as of 2021 and you guys get diagnostics on that but we don't !!!! https://www.genesis.com/uk https://www.snapon.com/EN/UK/Diagnostics

worth checking they had 3 failed attempts at the April update - they had mega IT carnage across the world in March

Old 05-30-2022, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
Originally Posted by richardpnl
Botus, what version is your Snap On Solus Ultra? I'm thinking of buying one just for the sake of switching my 07 s550 cluster from C to F and KM to MPH but I only see versions of 21.4 but you say yours is 22.2? Unless you mean 20.2?

Do you know any other scanners besides C4 or Xentry, perhaps like Autel that can do this?
these things are STUPID money, the solus legend ($3000 to $4000) might be the way to go as it does most motorbike brands and all the cars

high end Autel ought to - they do stuff the snap on one can't

but a main dealer should do this in 20 minutes for about $150 - its just ticking a box on a screen
Old 05-30-2022, 12:36 PM

2007 Mercedes S550
these things are STUPID money, the solus legend ($3000 to $4000) might be the way to go as it does most motorbike brands and all the cars

high end Autel ought to - they do stuff the snap on one can't

but a main dealer should do this in 20 minutes for about $150 - its just ticking a box on a screen
Thanks for the quick response! I’d avoid the dealership at all costs on my end, they always find a way to suck money out of me.

I’ve been looking for a scanner anyways so might as well. $3000-4000 seems too high for my budget.

I’m looking around $1000-1500 range that can change my speedometer and climate controls as well. It’s ridiculous that the 07 S550s don’t have this function on the cluster.

I’ve been looking at Autels but I can’t tell if the speedometer function would fall under “ecu coding”

Did you have a specific model that you could recommend?

How do you navigate through your Solus?
Old 05-30-2022, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
the solus is pretty horrid - BUT - the update this year was a major change - first time I noticed they seemed to do a firmware update on the device and its working much better - before touch screen presses were often missed - now it does what you say 95% of the time up form less than 50 50

I have a what was once a mid range Autel and frankly its much more logically laid out and sensible - two way comms on diagnostic kit is quite rare under a thousand $ or £
I think you'd need to play and check it does what you want before paying out this much - if this does the units change it would be worth having https://www.autel.uk/diagnostics/pro...xidas-ds808eu/

Old 05-31-2022, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
Originally Posted by richardpnl
Botus, what version is your Snap On Solus Ultra? but I only see versions of 21.4 but you say yours is 22.2? Unless you mean 20.2?

every quarter for crazy money you can be on an update subscription - 21.4 (or earlier) can't do ANYTHING on the w221 instrument cluster - this coding feature was only added in April 2022 update (its going to be around $1200 to update a unit you buy second-hand on ebay - say one with 15.2 for $500 !) and they still can't diagnose or read 8 modules fitted in my car - mostly any in car entertainment stuff which autel could 10 years ago !!!
Old 05-31-2022, 06:59 AM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
I just want to inform everyone, don't remember if I said this before
I have about 60 workshops I work for that have Autel with online update and supposed coding
about 20% or more cases mess up essential modules like engine and transmission with wrong software and coding
giving me lots of work until they stop doing SW and scn update coding
sometimes there is no way back and cars must go to dealer for online
I recommend: DO NOT use AUTEL for updating and if you still want to attempt it, make backups of what SCN and SW you had. then I c&an fix it in 99% of the cases
Old 06-01-2022, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts
W212 FL
That's interesting , thanks for heads up .What looks like a simple job could take many hours and labor intensive it seems
Old 08-05-2022, 04:45 PM

09 MB S550 4Matic Sedan 13 MB C250 Sport Sedan
Hi presidentvip,

I had it finally and permanently resolved and corrected using a scanner purchased in Poland.
The programmers added the feature in their scanning software to make it easy to toggle between Fahrenheit (F) and Celsius (C) degrees, and vice versa.

Again, this change is not possible through any of the car settings (e.g. Comand).

Thank you,
Pitek
Hello Pitek,

I know that it has been a couple of years since you posted this. But I was wondering if you still had the information on the scanner. I live in California and have a Canadian model 2009 S550 4Matic and want to change the settings. If so, could you please send me the information so I can know where to get this scanner from. Any advice will be helpful.

r/s,
Mr Charles

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changing Unit Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius in Cluster