S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Trip to DMV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 07:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 mercedes e55 amg
Trip to DMV

So yesterday I finally tried to get my car inspected since It had a lot of codes since purchasing it in September . When I first bought it had codes for coils, misfirings, and other emissions related issues so it was never going to pass. Prior to bringing the car to the inspection station I had a heater valve regulator crack and leak coolant. I replaced the heater valve regulator, flushed the coolant and replaced it with oem one. I then scanned it for any codes. The only code I got was for coolant temperature short or open circuit. I believe this was caused by the fact the coolant was very low due to the leak. That was the only code so I erased it and drove it for 100 miles or so Friday night and Saturday morning before going to the inspection station. Well needless to say I failed inspection. The guy at the inspection had the personality of a tree branch and was somewhat of a dick. He said you failed cause the computer wasn’t ready? He said you have to do 3 driving cycles and bring it back. So yesterday I drove the car over 400 miles and no check engine or anything came up. I have not scanned it yet but is it safe now to bring it back if I do scan it and no codes come up ?
Old 12-24-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
2006 W221 S500L
Google it.
F.I.: https://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/what-do-...cars-not-ready