S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Trying to fix my radar cruise... missing harnesses and sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 06:26 PM

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
2007 CL600
Can't really comment on whether you need the radars connected but I believe the blind spot radars are different from the park sensor ones in the rear
Old 07-11-2020, 12:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
S550
super frustrated guys. I got the rear sensors all plugged in and harness.. still my parktronic lights in the car will not report how close I am to things.I can see with my scan tool ALL the sensors are calculating distance... they all feel warm to the touch. My new DTR module is in and has power and ground but still says distronic plus inop.... I have no more DTR fault codes but have these two remaining codes...

748F Check the codings in the control module N93 CGW/ZGW control module
7485 Can signal S6/2s12 parktronic PTS off switch from the control module N72/1 upper control module UCP/OBF is implausible

As i understand it the DTR sensor is also the module for DTR... or does it all tie in with the radar sensors for parking?

I am about to give up
Old 07-11-2020, 02:05 AM

2007 CL600
Have you done what the error codes are saying?

Parktronic needs to be coded out of those modules.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:06 AM

S550
There are the only two faults left. I am at my mechanical limit I think, and maybe even meeting the limit of my autel scanner.

Are there any techs trust worthy in the north western region of florida with star that would be willing to take a look for me?
Old 07-11-2020, 02:13 AM

2007 CL600
You should find someone who does coding specifically for MB.

You need to make sure the codings for the radars are applied to all the necessary modules and any codings for ultrasonic parking are removed if present. This is essentially what SCN coding is (returns your modules to the variant programming they would be from the factory but updates the firmware.) So find someone who does SCN coding and get them to update the necessary modules.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 863 Likes on 721 Posts
S500
Originally Posted by 2007sclass
Heads up, this car does have blind spot assist. the triangles are even in my side mirrors. I have the front harness done, all four sensors on, new DTR module/sensor behind the grille and still none of it comes to life... I suspect with the rear sensors being disconnected still, nothing is going to come to life until those are fixed. Agree?

I guess it had a front end smash and to get a cheap repair they ripped it all off and fitted a bumper only.... would they then not have had to code out all these toys to avoid having multiple bings, bongs and instrument cluster warnings?

front sensor come to life automatically below 10 MPH and turn off above 15 mph (or vice versa)

from another post with a guy int he UK unable to get his to work - something I put in a post yesterday
how are you trying to set the speed..... you lift the lever up when above 20MPH (30KPH), with your Seat Belt ON and the door closed.

in the manual Distronic plus doesn't work if:

up to 2 mins after start
when the engine is off
if you press the brakes
if the electronic parking brake is on
if you are in P, N or R
if you deactivate ESP
if the bonnet is open
when the drivers door is open or the seat belt isn't on
it forgets on that list... but also doesn't work if you have it set on LIM (limiter and the lamp on the stalk is lit)
Old 07-12-2020, 11:38 AM

S550
I tried the cruise at 30 mph and above and it lights up in yellow saying distronic plus inoperative. also the parking sensors only light up four red bars and an audible noise which then goes away. The button to manually activate pdc is also illuminated in red and I cannot manually turn them on.

I am starting to think there is a coding issue (hence the CGW coding code) and that although I have the nicest Autel scan tool there is, I have still met its limitation. I think I will go ahead and mount all the sensors, mount the bumpers back up, and then find someone with a star scanner.

All my other codes are gone. All the sensors including distronic are reporting information to my scan tool. So I know all the sensors are working. Just seems to be a coding or can bus issue which is outside of my jurisdiction lol
Old 07-12-2020, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 863 Likes on 721 Posts
S500
I believe there are two calibration processes....
a complicated one with a special tool that's handed out to the dealership as an when they request it.
a simple "minor scope perform" which from the look of it you can do as you drive once you set it in motion.... ADAS equipped Autel kit can do this one (according to them)