S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Side View Mirror Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 11:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 S550 4-Matic (W221)
Side View Mirror Puddle Lights

Hi guys, wish I wasn’t posting my first thread relating to an issue. However, my side mirror puddle lights are not working now. They were on a few days ago but when I put in new LED lights, those turn on but very dim to the point they aren’t even on. I spliced into the power on my passenger puddle light to give power to aftermarket turn signals so I’m not sure that has anything to do with it. I have since then removed the power from the turn signal and plugged in old bulbs with no luck. The old ones don’t even turn on in a dim state. Checked with voltmeter and when I unlock the car, it only goes to 8v and not the 12v. And after a period of time goes to 0, I guess to signal the puddle lights to go off. Can anyone please help!?

I’ve done a lot of research with no solution to my problem. My battery is giving out 12.67v. Did I fry my door module controller? It’s really bugging me, any help would greatly be appreciated!