S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

some doubts with the installation of the moving video module. s500 w221

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 10:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
mercedes s 500 w221 aņo 2005
some doubts with the installation of the moving video module. s500 w221

Hello, good to everyone. I am carrying out my new project which is to install the moving video module in my s500 w221 from the end of 2005. I have a question. if i have ipod interface it is possible to install one of these modules. I know there are several manufacturers that make them. I have coincidentally found a colleague who sells one that manufactures it. X CARLINK. the colleague who sells it to me leaves it to me at a very good price, that's why I want to put it in my car. This fellow has it mounted on a car just like mine. and he works great. but he doesn't have the IPOD interface. That's why I ask the teachers that are in this great forum. if I buy this module I will be able to install it having the iPod interface connected to the COMAND. ????? or can not be. I would really appreciate your help. A very strong hug from Spain.I attached photos of the module.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 867 Likes on 724 Posts
S500
it just lies to the car about the speed signal - its all do-able in std software - but illegal and silly - if you are in Europe the law is quite clear, do this crash and go to jail whilst uninsured

ipod kit is very old and clunky

there are a couple of other better solutions

a new head unit from aindroid
or https://www.joyeauto.com/product/mer...uto-interface/
The following users liked this post:
Oderfla (03-01-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 03:59 PM

Hello friend BOTUS.

Hello friend BOTUS. I really appreciate his advice. It is very wise advice. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I appreciate the link. very good product from JOYEAUTO. what happens is that my economy is not very good now to put it but in the future I will take it into account. I know that when driving you have to be 100% focused on the road and with all 6 senses. Believe me, I am extremely responsible behind the wheel. I have been driving for 25 years and have never had a traffic ticket. In fact, I usually drive very slowly. My wife tells me THE BUS HAS JUST PASSED YOU HAHAHA. In fact, my intention was to install this interface since this friend leaves it to me for 80 euros brand new. And since I usually travel a lot with my wife, my idea was to turn the screen towards her and for her to play her DVD collection of a series that she likes a lot here in Spain. It's called THE ONE THAT IS COMING. hence the idea of ​​putting this interface and my great doubt was that if I could install it with the iPod interface connected to my car. that's why i asked the question. once again a million thanks very grateful to you. a strong greeting from Spain
Old 03-02-2022, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 867 Likes on 724 Posts
S500
they normally ask you cut the speed signal wire (AKA vandalise the cars wiring loom) and loop in the device, where it just throws back the car is still stationary to your comand unit so it doesn't cut the display
the was a posher one out there that on key off on cycle, defaults to turned off - so you have a better chance to argue with the police - as they test and it stays off (use a steering wheel button combination to enable on or off)
but from behind on the 221 you can see the car screen is working - so police may well notice.... There are plenty of one's here who would know which age the split view screen came in as an option (optional on 2009 NTG 3.5 cars)
I would be careful about wearing out the DVD drive - some Titanium datawrite DVDs are NOT understood by the car's old drive firmware and it will damage the laser trying to read many later style copied discs
Oderfla (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 02:51 PM

Friend BOTUS

thank you and thank you very much for the help and the information you give me. I am very grateful to you. a greeting.
BOTUS (03-02-2022)