S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Rear sam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 06:24 AM

Received 206 Likes on 121 Posts
2007 Mercedes C280,2007 Mercedes S550,2008 Mercedes Gl450, 2012 Audi A6, 2007 Porsche 997 twin turbo
Rear sam

Hello all,

I have been chasing the parking brake not
working for years. I had brand new one installed
and the star computer still doesn’t recognize that it’s physically connected to the car.
I know a few people on here asked if it’s getting ground and power which it is. The parking brake an oem one just so there are no questions about that. The plug coming from the car that goes into the parking brake module was recently replaced as the only one was full of corrosion. I bought an used plug from eBay and de pinned each pin in it and cleaned them thoroughly. I then had the plug installed professionally. That didn’t fix the problem either. With that said I been dealing with ninjabenz who I highly recommend as he has sorted out many issues with my car. Ninjabenz had suggested that the rear Sam has many faults and that I should replace the rear sam with the lastest edition. When I put my part # into wis I noticed that the rear sam hardware has been update 2 times. I went on a search on eBay and got the 2 updated rear sam parts for $60 total which is a steal. The next step is to read my the coding from my rear sam and then transfer it to the new sam. This process will be done by ninjabenz. I have read that rear sams have been replaced numerous times for hardware failure so I am hoping this fixes my issues.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
there are LOADS of different rear SAMs ....on high spec cars the old SAM and current part can all run the same later firmware / software (its facelift junk software)

I have the original 2006 rear SAM with the later software SCN coded to the car - I removed it coz the later software is ****
I got hold of the current new part (it wasn't changed for many years) its running a software version in-between original and current

if you have distronic plus they ruined it in later Rear SAM updates

original perfectly skilled braking
software I have, braking's a bit naff
current issue SCN rear SAM you end up with two faults 1) a very dangerous disaster - all that happens it it mostly forgets to brake, and 2) the wife screams you can't drive every second you have cruise control enabled

Last edited by BOTUS; 05-29-2022 at 11:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
riv-stage 1 (05-30-2022)