S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Soft Close System Fuse Number and Location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 09:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Soft Close System Fuse Number and Location

I have a 2012 S550 4 Matic W221 with soft close feature. Drivers door soft touch function is no longer functioning. All other doors and trunk function fine. I know there are two fuse boxes under the hood, one on either side of the dash and one behind the arm rest in the rear.
Owners manual is useless. I have reviewed many published fuse box illustrations on the net and have yet to find any fuse labeled “soft close system” unless it is labeled something else that I am not aware of. Not even sure if there is a pressure/vacuum pump for this feature in my year car or if this is now down electronically now with motors and solenoid valves.

I have read that if you pull this fuse to reboot for 15 seconds that that my fix my problem. I have seen posts that speak of a fuse panel located in the rear floor well area just behind where your heels would sit behind a courtesy light. That courtesy light does not exist in my car unless they are speaking about the courtesy light located on the floor by your toes? There are also no fuses located under my rear seat. Could this fuse be located in the trunks area?

I also realize that my door actuator may need to be replace but trying to eliminate all other possible problems first.

Any help with the location and the number of this fuse would be appreciated.

Jeff L
Old 06-11-2022, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by JeffS5502012
I also realize that my door actuator may need to be replace but trying to eliminate all other possible problems first.
https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...or-sensor.html
Old 06-11-2022, 11:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Thank you for the quick response. I do appreciate it.

Jeff Lahullier
Old 07-06-2023, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Same problem

Originally Posted by JeffS5502012
I have a 2012 S550 4 Matic W221 with soft close feature. Drivers door soft touch function is no longer functioning. All other doors and trunk function fine. I know there are two fuse boxes under the hood, one on either side of the dash and one behind the arm rest in the rear.
Owners manual is useless. I have reviewed many published fuse box illustrations on the net and have yet to find any fuse labeled “soft close system” unless it is labeled something else that I am not aware of. Not even sure if there is a pressure/vacuum pump for this feature in my year car or if this is now down electronically now with motors and solenoid valves.

I have read that if you pull this fuse to reboot for 15 seconds that that my fix my problem. I have seen posts that speak of a fuse panel located in the rear floor well area just behind where your heels would sit behind a courtesy light. That courtesy light does not exist in my car unless they are speaking about the courtesy light located on the floor by your toes? There are also no fuses located under my rear seat. Could this fuse be located in the trunks area?

Any help with the location and the number of this fuse would be appreciated.

Jeff L
I have this exact same problem and same car that started today. How did you manage to fix it?
Old 07-08-2023, 02:51 PM

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts
2007 SL550 & 2012 S550 4matic
If the fuse is good, you might have a broken wire inside the handle on driver door. It’s a common problem, and was the cause of my issue that shows same symptoms. Can you unlock and enter drivers door with key in pocket? Mine didn’t work until I repaired the wiring issue.
At the risk of Mods not liking it, see this link for instructions on removing and repairing.
https://www.benzworld.org/threads/ke...#post-18271057
Old 07-08-2023, 05:41 PM

Received 376 Likes on 231 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
My actuator was just replaced...same symptoms. They wear out over time...probably what you need.