S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Airmatic Suspension Preventive Maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2024, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2008 e550 base
I read on their website that Arnott has a two-year warranty, not a lifetime warranty. Am I correct? https://www.arnottindustries.com/warranty/
Old 08-26-2024, 04:31 AM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
S550
Yes, I checked the web site and it is true. To add to my saga with Arnott after all of the problems with a bad strut the front end of my car would be all the way down in the morning but would pump up quickly once the car was started. This started a couple of months ago. I couldn't get it into my Indy for a few weeks so continued to drive it. Well, it got to where it wouldn't raise at all and I got a "Do Not Drive" message. When I took it in they had a valve body unit in stock and swapped that out but didn't solve the problem. The compressor was running but wasn't building pressure. Fortunately I had kept the original compressor and they installed it and it works great. Evidently the Arnott valve body was bad causing the compressor to run and burn itself out. Arnott has replaced both units under warranty although I still have the old compressor in place and it's working fine. So last year I replaced all four struts, the valve body and compressor with Arnott units. Of those 6 parts, 3 of them were bad and had to be replaced - a 50% failure rate! I have the replacement compressor still in the box and haven't decided if I should sell it or hold on to it. Anyone looking for a new in box compressor I'll give you a good price!! I've had it with Arnott parts!
Old 08-26-2024, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
Originally Posted by MBKev
We have an Autel Maxidas Elite and Maxidas Ultra. Both are very expensive tools but could not calibrate on my W221.
they will but getting it to save is another thing....

BenzNinja was able to do it in 5 minutes and I had to go with a tape measure and manually measure all 4 corners during calibration and only took 5 min.
my snap on tool says must have the car turned off... it took so long there is no way I could have done it without power
both my drive and the other one I can borrow easily are not flat so trying to get power to hold volts up and a flat surface is a big issue for me

These Xentry tools have a bit of a learning curve and even if they have the right tools, if they don't know how to set it up/use it then makes perfect sense why the car wouldn't accept it.
it sure is - pretty sure they build in strange operating procedures for the complex stuff and it loves to do NOTHING if you don't know it
trying gearbox and TC adaptions is one - the incredible ideas the tools says to follow are impossible to complete - on a rolling road maybe - on the public highway u run out of road or it locks up the TC and throws out the limits they impose to learn it and save it (go for a drive with xentry hooked up - now apply throttle with less torque applied than a 1/4g feather on the throttle peddle - drive up the road and let it go up the box inside a set torque range - where going over a 2mm high pebble sends it straight in the red zone or the TC clutch lock up cuts in and immediately throws the bar chart marker off the screen into the car beside you)

From my research, unless you're a franchise dealership of Mercedes, there hasn't been Online SCN coding since 2020.
ALL reputable ones can have it - but its $12000 a year rental costs... I know two indy garages that use it near me