S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

sprichst du deutsch"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 11:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
sprichst du deutsch"

No, I don't speak German. I'm looking at a really good VIN Decoder and 90% of the code numbers have an English description. Still there are a few that Ii need an interpreter. Any German speakers on the board? Code 42N STEUERCODE WERK SINDELFINGEN/GRAZ
Code 808 YOM 17/1
Old 03-14-2023, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
its where they made it isn't it - there's a spyware thing called google

Käsbrünnlestraße, 71063 Sindelfingen, Germany https://group.mercedes-benz.com/karr...eite-5125.html

CONTROL CODE PLANT SINDELFINGEN / GRAZ

With a history stretching back more than a hundred years, the Mercedes-Benz location in Sindelfingen is the Mercedes-Benz Group AG vehicle plant with the longest tradition and the competence center for the production of (electric) vehicles in the upper and luxury classes in the global production network. The Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, EQS, Mercedes-Maybach S-Class, Mercedes-Benz GLC, Mercedes-Benz CLS and Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door are produced in Sindelfingen. The Sindelfingen site combines all direct and indirect areas related to vehicle production, as well as planning areas and central purchasing and supplier management. In addition, Sindelfingen is home to corporate research as well as development and design at Mercedes-Benz Group AG. One of the most modern assembly halls in the world was built in Sindelfingen in 2020 with "Factory 56": innovative technologies and processes in vehicle production are implemented consistently and comprehensively in Factory 56. Factory 56 is considered the blueprint for future vehicle production by Mercedes-Benz Cars worldwide. Sindelfingen is one of the world's leading competence centers for safety, innovation and design. The Vehicle Safety Technology Center (TFS) opened on site in 2016 and is considered the most modern crash test center in the world. The TFS with its numerous test facilities offers completely new possibilities, for example in vehicle tests, in the design of assistance systems and PRE-SAFE® as well as in validating vehicle concepts with alternative drives. A total of around 35,000 people are employed at the site. Right next to the plant is the Mercedes-Benz customer center in Sindelfingen, where customers can pick up the vehicles they have ordered and book tours of the plant every day.
Old 03-14-2023, 01:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Ha, thanks for the info. I tried a language translator but I should have done each word separately. I saw a TV commercial for MB last night that didn't jive with what I heard previously. The ad claimed said the 3 point star was designed to symbolize the environments (air, land and sea) we travel. It goes on to be a pitch that MB suggesting MB is a tree-hugger company.

Ah, the minds of today's "woke" marketing people. What's next a "gender fluid Mercedes? On 1909, the actual origin of the star came from a mark on a postcard map depicting the town of Deutz made by Gottlieb Daimler when he lived there. It was later trademarked as Mercedes Benz logo when Daimler and Benz joined. In terms of the 3 points, it also was air, land and sea but not about the environment. Rather, it was to project marketing dominance on air, sea, land of MB engines. When I first heard it, I thought of military dominance but in truth it was marketing dominance. It was sort of like "hot dog, apple pie and Chevrolet.

And now you know the rest of the story.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:37 PM

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
2007 S550
Originally Posted by audijim-121
In terms of the 3 points, it also was air, land and sea but not about the environment. Rather, it was to project marketing dominance on air, sea, land of MB engines. When I first heard it, I thought of military dominance but in truth it was marketing dominance.
Cars, Box Vans, RVs?
Old 03-15-2023, 04:24 PM

Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts
W221 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by audijim-121
Ah, the minds of today's "woke" marketing people. What's next a "gender fluid Mercedes?
WTF are you talking about?
Old 03-15-2023, 06:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,017 Likes on 3,156 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
For posterity: translate.google.com