S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Suitable Android Auto/CarPlay dongle/adapter/display for a 2013 S350, W221, NTG 3.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes Benz S350 W221 OM642 TurboDiesel BlueTec 4MATIC
Suitable Android Auto/CarPlay dongle/adapter/display for a 2013 S350, W221, NTG 3.5

I own a 2013 Mercedes-Benz, S 350, BlueTEC, TurboDiesel, W221, OM642, 4MATIC with COMAND NTG 3.5 which I plan to keep for the next couple of years.

I am considering upgrading the COMAND NTG 3.5 version to utilize apps like Google Maps, onX Offroad, Zoom, ChargePoint, Chevron, Spotify, Overcast, ESPN, BBC, Waze, Audible, YouTube, NetFlix, etc. using an Android Auto/Apple CarPlay dongle or adapter. I prefer a dongle or adapter to avoid retrofitting and messing up with the cables, if possible. I have uploaded the following pictures to show you what I have found in my glovebox.

I hope any of these will work with any of the Android Auto/Apple CarPlay dongle or adapter. If you think that retrofitting a display is a must then please recommend one that is reasonably priced unit-wise and if you know any of the installers then please also recommend me one (I am in Fairfield, California.).

Your guidance, advice, feedback, recommendations, and referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Have a great day.

Last edited by PoliteGesture; 04-07-2024 at 05:32 AM. Reason: spellings
Old 04-09-2024, 05:39 AM
SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi, you can add our this carplay module: https://www.carputech.com/products/m...id-auto-module
It adds Wireless Carplay and Android Auto onto your existing original Mercedes W221 car screen!
It allows you to use Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Screen mirror and AirPlay functions on the original screen.
Google maps, Waze, Sygic Navigation, Apple Maps, Spotify, Apple Music, Whats app, Deezer, Podcasts – all of these applications are available on the original Mercedes NTG multimedia screen!

The CarPlay/Android Auto system works in parallel with the existing NTG3.5 system. For example, you can switch between the two by pressing the MENU button on the Mercedes radio panel. You do not need to remove any of the Mercedes NTG system components, you simply “add in” the Carplay Module using the plug and play wiring loom.

Main benefits:
  • No need to replace the original multimedia screen.
  • Wireless interface via WiFi and Bluetooth or Wired USB connection.
  • Original functionality is retained – you can return to the original menu at any time.
  • The original display of car cameras or parking sensors is retained.
  • Control by steering wheel, original knob or phone.
  • Voice control with Siri or Google assistant.
  • USB interface for playing music or video files.
  • AirPlay and Screen Mirror functions
  • Option to connect the rear / front parking cameras