S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Airmatic not work what is this thing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 mercedes s 550
Airmatic not work what is this thing

I was getting ready to replace my airmatic pump because my system will not raise up in the back and when I remove the front cover all of this stuff fell out but the one small piece in particular I do not know what it
Old Today, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 888 Likes on 737 Posts
S500
the top one is an air fiter on the inlet to the pump - most never fit new but they work their socks off and I guess need one every 5 years 25k miles
no idea on the other bit

the rear will likely be the sensor - left rear above the drive shaft - but you can't see or reach coz some UTTER MORON put the park brake module on the wrong side of the car and its right in the way....

the link arm from the ARB (anti-roll bar) to the sensor has probably snapped off - they do that..... $35 and impossible to fit - attach to the arm with a small stainless worm drive clip - or spend 15hrs breaking 3 new link rods trying and failing
Old Today, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 mercedes s 550
Thank you I thought that was the filter to the pump but the other little thing is broken off and I don't know where it go or what's the name of it so I can explain it to my mechanic at the shop to see if he can replace it and how much can he replace it for
it was also under the front cover with the filter like they both fell out of the same area

Last edited by bobdog231; Today at 01:36 PM.
Old Today, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 888 Likes on 737 Posts
S500
well pretty sure there is nothing down there other than the filter, pump on its wobbly mounts, the air distribution block, and the pipes to each wheel

it doesn't look like how I recollect the front wheel level sensors look - but u may as well check they are there (they sit at the fulcrum for the front wishbones - one each side)

the only other sensor / actuator I can think of would be associated with the headlights - the nod on start up is usually inside the unit - no idea how the dip beam turn bit works (if it has active curve lights fitted)