S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

W221 only driver window is working 😬 NO error code on scan tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2024, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w221 s350 2007
W221 only driver window is working 😬 NO error code on scan tool

I bought my W221 from a salvage auction. The car had 180,000 km when I got it. Initially, the rear driver’s window and the driver’s window were working, but after a day, the rear driver’s window stopped working, and the driver’s window worked intermittently. Now, only the driver’s window is working, while both the passenger and rear windows are not working at all.

I’ve heard that this issue might be resolved with a software update. Is that true? I have an Autel MX808S, but it seems this device doesn’t support programming or updating the window module or software. When I scan with the tool, both the driver and passenger window buttons appear to be working, and I don’t get any fault codes related to this issue.

What’s interesting is that the rear window blind shade (on the rear glass) works from the rear door panel, but both the rear window and the side window blinds don’t respond. Any advice on how to proceed?
Old Yesterday, 04:34 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
2006 W221 S500L
Yes you may need a re-program for that module.
And just to be sure, also check that there is no water in the front foot wells (driver and passenger).
The following users liked this post:
BOTUS (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 952 Likes on 783 Posts
S500
I think ONE post listing multiple canbus related faults would be more helpful than multiple small queries

that said you might get LUCKY - all four door modules on early cars (before late 2007) had a low threshold on a thermal trip for each window - its inside each individual door module - a little slight of hand by the criminals that make these cars was to ensure on the 221 the thermal trip doesn't auto reset like it does on nearly every other car in the world !

then of course - main dealers NEVER bothered to flash updates - some with the tools still tell owners to go away and that its not possible
and the real geniuses when fixing the often dead drivers door - only bother to flash that one door module
Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

w221 s350 2007
Originally Posted by BOTUS
I think ONE post listing multiple canbus related faults would be more helpful than multiple small queries

that said you might get LUCKY - all four door modules on early cars (before late 2007) had a low threshold on a thermal trip for each window - its inside each individual door module - a little slight of hand by the criminals that make these cars was to ensure on the 221 the thermal trip doesn't auto reset like it does on nearly every other car in the world !

then of course - main dealers NEVER bothered to flash updates - some with the tools still tell owners to go away and that its not possible
and the real geniuses when fixing the often dead drivers door - only bother to flash that one door module
So you believe i should programme as well? Or change the inside component?
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM

w221 s350 2007
Originally Posted by Jaap
Yes you may need a re-program for that module.
And just to be sure, also check that there is no water in the front foot wells (driver and passenger).

I checked there is no water 😬 i dont see the carpet are wet or damaged or smell like a water
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 952 Likes on 783 Posts
S500
Originally Posted by millirus
So you believe i should programme as well? Or change the inside component?

I would check the software iteration they have - post what they are and the dates - might be able to match up - but I think some models get different door modules based on toy spec
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,015 Likes on 788 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
What are the voltages on the CANBUS? Twice I have had multiple non-operative modules caused by one failed module disrupting the CANBUS. Try checking the dormant (key off and system asleep) and the active (key on and system active) voltages on the Hi and Lo lines. If either is not correct, it can cause multiple modules to be inoperative.
See if any of the following will assist; a few links and an attachment. Be advised I do not know if the CANBUS voltages for the W221 are the same as the W220 but it gives you a starting point. The W221 does NOT use the CANBUS voltages of the W210 so use my posts as reference only.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...is-repair.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8958920

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-no-start.html

Attached Files
File Type: pdf