S class not made in Germany?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by K-A
This thread isn't about the 5 Series so I don't get the hissy fit.
You brought the 5 series into it in your first post...

No hissy fit here - I could honestly care less what you think. Just pointing out the same thing that many others have tried to point out to you. Nice work on derailing yet another thread...
Old 08-29-2013, 03:32 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Actually I used it as an example of parts content as it was my only other example basis. My posts have evolved from the topic at hand, only to be derailed by hissy fits.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Not sure what you define a "hissy fit", I don't see any in this thread. I see a lot of ridiculousness, that's about it.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:11 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

The thread topic is about the S possibly not being produced in Germany and feelings or info on that. Which has to do with cutting costs which has a linkage to parts content. That's the debate here is it not? I listed grievances with the E because my old friend here wanted to know how those parts may or may not affect the E Class. You get mad at what I say but expect me not to respond when asked to explain myself or have my own thoughts challenged.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sd.Kfz 182
I don`t want to drive Mercedes that was built in China by chinese workers. Simple as that.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by K-A
Do you even know what you're on about at this point? The parts are all over! Almost HALF the car is made up of those parts, period, fact. What does that mean? Who knows but I don't like it! When I had my E and wandered onto a BMW lot and saw 75% parts content from Germany on the 5er, I didn't feel good about it! That's what I'm saying. You can't convince me that a car with a high premium on it with less German parts and more Chinese parts than other cars "like it" is a "good" thing.

I named many things about the car I'm not happy with, especially in retrospect. I'd think being made up of almost half Chinese parts could have to do with some of those. Who knows, but it's in my head, and the criticisms are tangible, and perception is a powerful thing....

Do you realize that you never knew what you were talking about in the first place?

So again we're back to square one. All you have is baseless theories and opinions. Mean nothing.

Until you find out what parts are Chinese and if they're cause the E's "problems" then you're just talking to yourself in a circle.

You have no FACTS other than the part content which doesn't mean squat unless you know what they are.

You got banned from the other board because of this very same type of stupid ranting.

You could have just said that the car has Chinese parts and that you don't like it. Perfectly acceptable. However you went on tried to blame the E's shortcomings on these Chinese parts, but since you have no proof or facts you're back to "I don't like it". Typical exchange with you K/A. You never know what you're talking about then re-trench by saying it is your opinion, while initially trying to pass off your ramblings as fact.

M
Old 08-29-2013, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
Not sure what you define a "hissy fit", I don't see any in this thread. I see a lot of ridiculousness, that's about it.

Don't waste any more of your time because calls a "hissy fit" anytime his nonsense is exposed for what it is. He was already banned elsewhere because of this very same thing. Wild accusations with NOT ONE FACT behind it. He can't even say what the Chinese parts are. Its hilarious on one hand, annoying on the other.

M
Old 08-29-2013, 05:14 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Germancar1
Don't waste any more of your time because calls a "hissy fit" anytime his nonsense is exposed for what it is. He was already banned elsewhere because of this very same thing. Wild accusations with NOT ONE FACT behind it. He can't even say what the Chinese parts are. Its hilarious on one hand, annoying on the other.

M
You are the master hissy fitter in fact.

I blame the E's shortcomings on Mercedes. I doubt the FACT that MERCEDES uses such as large supply of Chinese parts helps the matter. But what's it to an MB apologist after all. Hopefully the next E uses 80% Chinese parts!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
You are the master hissy fitter in fact.

I blame the E's shortcomings on Mercedes. I doubt the FACT that MERCEDES uses such as large supply of Chinese parts helps the matter. But what's it to an MB apologist after all. Hopefully the next E uses 80% Chinese parts!

Now the backpedal......as predicted.

I'll take this admission that you didn't know what you were talking about to begin with. Yet you still try to hint at the Chinese part content is the problem.

Apologist? Really, I just like you bought a BMW last time around, but unlike you I don't brainlessly bash Mercedes in every thread, everywhere. BIG DIFFERENCE.

FACT: You don't know what the parts are so you can't say one way or another as to what their doing to the E-Class. No amount of twisting changes this.

M
Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Now the backpedal......as predicted.

I'll take this admission that you didn't know what you were talking about to begin with. Yet you still try to hint at the Chinese part content is the problem.

Apologist? Really, I just like you bought a BMW last time around, but unlike you I don't brainlessly bash Mercedes in every thread, everywhere. BIG DIFFERENCE.

FACT: You don't know what the parts are so you can't say one way or another as to what their doing to the E-Class. No amount of twisting changes this.

M
Ahh that's what I said ALL ALONG! Until you came in with your hissy fit asking me to take a W212 apart and find you every "Made In China" logo. Who cares, 40% of the car is Chinese parts, I think that's way to much, whether or not it truly has to do with any shortcomings is not only bad enough to actually be a question, but irrelevant to how I feel about the fact that it's made up of 40% Chinese parts. That's been all I've been saying ALL along, period. You could have saved yourself lots of time by not spinning your wheels on it and diverting us.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Folks, to clarify this a bit, there's nothing wrong with this thread... all opinions are valid and encouraged. Standing by your opinions is not against TOU. Neither is being wrong. It's also not against TOU to go against a particular opinion or challenge any supposed facts, so we will not ban anyone for these reasons. Feel free to do that even energically... even "hissy fits" are not against TOU, as long as no insults, baiting, stalking, etc is going on. If you stoop down to insults, baiting or stalking (read the TOU), you can be sure we will take appropriate action, including infractions, time outs and bans.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Ahh that's what I said ALL ALONG! Until you came in with your hissy fit asking me to take a W212 apart and find you every "Made In China" logo. Who cares, 40% of the car is Chinese parts, I think that's way to much, whether or not it truly has to do with any shortcomings is not only bad enough to actually be a question, but irrelevant to how I feel about the fact that it's made up of 40% Chinese parts. That's been all I've been saying ALL along, period. You could have saved yourself lots of time by not spinning your wheels on it and diverting us.

What in the world are you talking about now? Do you know? What are you agreeing with or saying that you said all along? Do you know?

You're the one who tried to say that the Chinese parts were causing the problems with the E-Class then when challenged to come up with some facts to support such a LAME theory you came back with "that is how I feel about it".

Like I said before you're clueless and when challenged to provide any facts you can't and then you backpedal to only say "that is what I was saying all along" AFTER you've been called out on your BS.

For the record no one here too issue with how you "felt" about 40 percent of the E-Class parts being Chinese, you were ASKED specifically as to what the problem is with them? You then brought up things about the engine, ride, interior, nav screen everything under the sun, only to NOT be able to prove that any of those things were supplied by the Chinese. After failing to prove anything factual you stated what you're "feelings" are in classic K/A form.

If anyone had a hissy fit it was you and it is based on some nonsense you made up in your mind about Chinese parts causing a problem in the E-Class. You don't even know what the parts are!!!! Don't you get that? They could be window clips or bumper fasteners for all we know!!! That bothers you? That is a beyond simple minded and silly IMO. Until you know what those parts are your feelings are based on nothing.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 08-30-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:31 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Why so hostile?

I said the E Class isn't impressive to me anymore and I think it's lacking in many ways. Then I linked that to it also using an obscenely high Chinese parts content compared especially to its closest competitor and another MB as well. So what's the problem with drawing a likely conclusion that it may play a role (one of MANY factors I might add, not sure why'd you'd a assume otherwise)? The E interior plastics actually can pass as Chinese materials since they in some areas can feel so cheap, and considering the E is about 40% Chinese parts.... well, think about it. Maybe high Chinese part content isn't so good after all. I know *I* don't want it.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Why so hostile?

I said the E Class isn't impressive to me anymore and I think it's lacking in many ways. Then I linked that to it also using an obscenely high Chinese parts content compared especially to its closest competitor and another MB as well. So what's the problem with drawing a likely conclusion that it may play a role (one of MANY factors I might add, not sure why'd you'd a assume otherwise)? The E interior plastics actually can pass as Chinese materials since they in some areas can feel so cheap, and considering the E is about 40% Chinese parts.... well, think about it. Maybe high Chinese part content isn't so good after all. I know *I* don't want it.
Not hostile, but your constant baseless ranting is what everyone is saying is annoying. We get how you feel, yet it is repeated over and over everywhere for no reason other than you liking to type it over and over. Like that person who loves to hear themselves talk.

That is why you were banned elsewhere.

You are just clueless. Again, have you ever sat in Chinese car? You will find that you are the only one on earth that thinks the E-Class has a Chinese like interior. The only one.

Think about it, you don't know anything for a fact. It is all just guesses, STILL. You don't know squat for sure yet you've convinced yourself that somehow what you've wrote is factual. Amazing, delusional, but amazing.

M
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

And your constant annoying ranting is even more annoying! See how that works? I pointed out facts and supported it with my views of the car itself, then stated how I don't like a high Chinese part content E Class period. You've done nothing to constructively convince me otherwise.

Chinese companies aren't DESIGNING the car. It's *PARTS CONTENT*. Many E plastics look and feel so cheap they seem like they can very well be Chinese *PARTS* (and 40% of them are!). I don't see how you're not just understanding this simple concept. It can save us both from our little prolonged dance.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You only pointed out that 40% of the parts were Chinese. Nothing more. 1 FACT.

I see what your problem is now, you don't know what a FACT is.

Your "views" are not FACTS.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PARTS OF THE E-CLASS ARE CHINESE AND WHICH ARE GERMAN.

PERIOD.

3rd TIME: Have you ever sat in Chinese car?

UNTIL YOU FIND OUT WHAT PARTS OF THE E-CLASS ARE CHINESE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

No one is trying to convince you of anything. God man you can be this dense. The issue is that you're NOW trying to say that the interior of the E-Class is Chinese supplied when you can't prove it.

Prove your "views" with a FACT. You can't.

The only fact is that what you say said that this particular E-Class said a 40% part content. NO other facts have been given by you.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 08-30-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:30 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

FACT:40% of Mercedes E Class is of Chinese parts! Only 50% German! That is 25% more Chinese and less German than its closest competition! I don't care where they are. You go break down a W212 and tell me. Fact is they're everywhere because they make up of almost HALF the entire car!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FACT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PARTS ARE!!!!!!!!

NO YOU BREAK IT DOWN SINCE YOU'RE THE ONE WITH INSINUATION ABOUT WHERE THE PARTS ARE.

60% OF THE PARTS ARE NOT CHINESE SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE EITHER.

VIEWS ARE NOT FACTS.

YOU HAVE PROVIDED ONE FACT. NOTHING MORE. THE REST IS YOUR SPECIALTY, SPECULATION.

If you "don't care" what the parts are then you have no point about the interior!!!!!!!!! DUH.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 08-30-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

FACT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PARTS ARE!!!!!!!!

NO YOU BREAK IT DOWN SINCE YOU'RE THE ONE WITH INSINUATION ABOUT WHERE THE PARTS ARE.

60% OF THE PARTS ARE NOT CHINESE SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE EITHER.

VIEWS ARE NOT FACTS.

YOU HAVE PROVIDED ONE FACT. NOTHING MORE. THE REST IS YOUR SPECIALTY, SPECULATION.

If you "don't care" what the parts are then you have no point about the interior!!!!!!!!! DUH.

M
OMG LOL.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by K-A
You give me a choice of German or Chinese parts and I'll choose German every time, I'll pay more for it too (isn't that the entire point of an imported prestigious brand?). Sourced from China and made in Mexico? Uhh, yeah you better discount the price of the car then, even if it was conceived in a German building.
You know that accounting for inflation Mercedes have got cheaper in the US over the last 20yrs. You are paying a discounted price for it.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't mean to turn this into a political discussion, but K-A sounds like one of those American left-wings who once they are comprehensibly owned, they derail the discussion.

Much like Bill Maher, who recently went on to say that the Tea Party only opposes Obama's intervention in Syria, because he's black and yet the same Maher and his left-wing cronies railed against Bush's intervention in Iraq. What a hypocrite.

But, anyway, back to topic, the country where the car is built doesn't really matter as long the build quality is not diminished.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TonyMeister
I don't mean to turn this into a political discussion, but K-A sounds like one of those American left-wings who once they are comprehensibly owned, they derail the discussion.
That is exactly what he is/does, owned/then divert.

M
Old 09-04-2013, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
That is exactly what he is/does, owned/then divert.

M
I don't even read his posts anymore.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
I'll thrown in some irrelevant commentary.
You know who I think makes "crummy" parts? The Germans!

My W126 had ENDLESS window regulator issues with the rear windows.....and where were those regulators made?! GERMANY!

The fuel float sensor on my W210 failed EIGHT times - again a part made by Bosch in GERMANY!

More recently I had to replace the plastic coverings on my W211 seat rails - apparently the plasticizers had migrated out of it prematurely - replacement parts came, and the little baggy said the part was MADE IN GERMANY!

So based on those three stand alone data points I will make the conclusion that German made products are crap. I hope everyone realizes the folly of jumping to these conclusions even with isolated data points - let alone making sweeping statements and generalizations about parts made in other countries.

I've heard statements that the interior plastics in the W212 are "crap". Do you really think the country of origin is really at fault? Isn't it more reasonable to assume that a company like Daimler AG has interior systems designers and engineers that specify the performance, appearance and other characteristics of such materials? The transition between design and manufacturing isn't a "throw it over the wall" where the designers say "this is what we want - go make it cheaply, we don't care about anything else"

Finally, the phrase "made in" is a bit of a challenge these days. Let's take a steel spring....was the iron mined in Germany? Was it then milled in Germany? Was it forged in Germany? What about the vanadium that goes in to steel? One of the top countries that supplies vanadium is CHINA! *OMG*. Plastics in general is a more poignant example - where do you define the "made in" for that? Where the oil or gas that forms the plastic polymers comes from? Where the oil or gas is polymerized at an industrial facility in to plastic pellets? Where the pellets are molded or extruded in to product?

My opinion is that the "made in" part is getting to be irrelevant. What is MORE important are the engineering and design standards, and whether or not those standards are being UPHELD by the people who manufacture the product.

Remember when all those horrible Chinese car crash tests appeared on youtube? Do you think they would've been any better had the EXACT same car been made in Germany from German steel? Probably not! Because the Chinese engineers specified a particular thickness, grade, strength of steel, and the design and construction of the vehicle. It would make no difference if the parts and sum of those parts were made or assembled in Germany, Mexico, the USA or elsewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S class not made in Germany?