Edition 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 12:05 PM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
Edition 1

Just picked it up, compared to my W221 this is a completely different beast. More pictures coming up.
Attached Thumbnails Edition 1-w222.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Mercedes S550
Looks good. I went back and forth trying to decide if I could do the nut brown nappa. How do you like it?
Old 11-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
looks really nice. I was concerned about edition 1 not having sport body styling. But I like what I see.

Can we see a side profile with wheels when you post more?

Cheers!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by Kratos-TM
Looks good. I went back and forth trying to decide if I could do the nut brown nappa. How do you like it?
I saw the Edition 1 and spent some time in it. The car is really nice and the nut brown interior is especially nice. I had decided to order a slightly darker brown interior in designo which is the Auburn brown when it comes out as a 2015. I was wondering how it would look and all my concerns went away when I saw the nut brown. I am getting the Auburn with the Mocha Black exterior which is also the same as the Edition 1.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:26 AM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
I saw the Edition 1 and spent some time in it. The car is really nice and the nut brown interior is especially nice. I had decided to order a slightly darker brown interior in designo which is the Auburn brown when it comes out as a 2015. I was wondering how it would look and all my concerns went away when I saw the nut brown. I am getting the Auburn with the Mocha Black exterior which is also the same as the Edition 1.

Man....they already have the different colors out for next year?.....LOL

With new and better colors along with the HUD and 9G, us 1st year owners might be getting the short end of the stick.....lol.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
04 Lexus LS430
Originally Posted by Kratos-TM
Man....they already have the different colors out for next year?.....LOL

With new and better colors along with the HUD and 9G, us 1st year owners might be getting the short end of the stick.....lol.

...and the better touchpad.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:57 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I find that really annoying. How does the S Class launch and already get dated in 1 year? M-B has the 9G already on the E400 in EU apparently, a better touchpad, HUD, etc. already showcased on the new much less expensive C Class? For an S Class not to mention a car at this price range, you'd expect it to come with whatever M-B is applying to its lineup for at least 2-3 years.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
N/A
There's also the electrochromatic panorama roof option (aka Magic Sky Control)...

At this point, I wouldn't worry about getting a car with the latest and greatest. MY2015 are getting all the above-mentioned features and if you get that, you're golden, right? Not so.

MY2016 is supposed to be getting something called the "Autobahn Pilot", which updates the adaptive cruise control and steering to enable autonomous driving on highways, including overtaking as well.

http://www.autoevolution.com/mercede...deo-70731.html

MB is turning this into a typical tech upgrade cycle. You might as well buy your car when the time is right as opposed to waiting for the next model year which is going to get the latest and greatest. It seems every other year is going to have something significantly better than years past. As annoying as it is not to have had these options at launch, I have to say that I'm really happy overall with my purchase. Even without the 9G, touchpad, etc, driving and riding in this car is a sublime experience. And I can't ask for much more than that.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:37 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by BadMojo
There's also the electrochromatic panorama roof option (aka Magic Sky Control)...

At this point, I wouldn't worry about getting a car with the latest and greatest. MY2015 are getting all the above-mentioned features and if you get that, you're golden, right? Not so.

MY2016 is supposed to be getting something called the "Autobahn Pilot", which updates the adaptive cruise control and steering to enable autonomous driving on highways, including overtaking as well.

http://www.autoevolution.com/mercede...deo-70731.html

MB is turning this into a typical tech upgrade cycle. You might as well buy your car when the time is right as opposed to waiting for the next model year which is going to get the latest and greatest. It seems every other year is going to have something significantly better than years past. As annoying as it is not to have had these options at launch, I have to say that I'm really happy overall with my purchase. Even without the 9G, touchpad, etc, driving and riding in this car is a sublime experience. And I can't ask for much more than that.

Thanks for putting everything into proper perspective.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 S550, 2011 E350 Cabriolet, Asgard Mothership
It's like computers. You buy what you need, when you need it. If you delay a purchase because next year's model will be faster and cheaper, you would never buy it. I'm plenty happy with what MB has included in the maiden year of the W222. I have to believe as I'm cruising through the Brenner Pass, the last thing I will be thinking is, "Gee, I wish I had a 9 speed transmission because I can really tell". Besides, I figure when it is time to replace my wife's E350 ragtop in a few years, all the cool stuff from the S Class should filter down by then. Can you imagine what the car we buy after this one will have! For my fellow owners and impatiently-waiting order-ees, enjoy what you have/will have. Something tells me we won't be disappointed.

Or ignore all that and we can shout at the wind declaring what MB should do and shouldn't do (especially for the overused meme of "for a car in this price range"). I always get a kick out of hearing that one as if we are all scraping our pennies together to buy these beasts.

120 days and counting to Sindelfingen.

Tom
Old 11-19-2013, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 619 Likes on 466 Posts
W212 FL
Thanks for the video , it's like sci-fi but great to see this video is rather a sci-reality
MB's improving and enhancing devices, stuffs , gadgets whatever you call it for each model year namely in W222 ,so what
Look at earlier 50's -60's American cars , each year in exterior wise was something new and dated last year's car.
In MB case, they're enhancing safety instruments .

Let's not confine this discussion in tranny wise only , W222 in general comes with revolutionary stuffs when it was launch such as Magic Ride Control, Air Balance , Hot Stone Message and many things that were not available in legendary W221
Mostly comfort items and it's what about an S Class

Sorry OP, don't think I forgot you , happy days and happy pleasant driving

Last edited by BenzV12; 11-19-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
OP - Pics! Pics! Pics!

Cheers