S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Windsheild Wiper Blade Snapped right off the car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C300 Sport 4MATIC (current) 2006 C280 Elegance 4MATIC (sold)
Originally Posted by Chucky300
The laws of NYC are 50 mph on the highway. As to whether I surpass that, I couldn't possibly comment.

That means you get up there in speed If I ever had the money for an S Class I'd probably spring for the S350 Bluetec since I can't even drive fast enough due to the speed limits. That V8 would be too tempting for me. Good to hear the problem was fixed.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by jprescott
Agree with all that this is an easy fix that dealer will take care of it. I can't imagine that too many S owners actually wash their own cars by hand or only use detail shops for a hand wash. Even then the same thing would have happened. I think my point is that I am sure this was not your fault. If the S actually had a wiper that was not made to be picked up off the glass as all hand wash and hand dry car washes do, your dealer would have told you to be careful with that. I have a new 7 and had a 2007 S550 and wash my cars every week and never had this happen.
Absolutely. Never had it happen before in 13 years. Same car wash.

It happens, and the dealer rectified the situation without a hassle. The reason I posted it is for the same reason people are posting about the squeaky brakes. Its a wonderful thing to be able to share with other owners the experiences they are having in case someone else is aware of a dealer fix on the problem.

It's amazing how Dealer A could "put out a bulletin" while Dealer B has no idea what that is all about. Should really come from the top and filter down.

Trickle Down Bulletins, to modestly quote Reagan.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by Khan28
That means you get up there in speed If I ever had the money for an S Class I'd probably spring for the S350 Bluetec since I can't even drive fast enough due to the speed limits. That V8 would be too tempting for me. Good to hear the problem was fixed.
It isn't the speed that's awesome, but the driving assist feature - lane departure, etc.