S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2014 S550 cup holders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550 cup holders

Can you fit two large drinks in the cup holders safely. Say from mcdonalds. I always had problems in older s classes with the drink cup holders being two small.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by icebeam
Can you fit two large drinks in the cup holders safely. Say from mcdonalds. I always had problems in older s classes with the drink cup holders being two small.
Not if the ashtray compartment is open. That must be open in order to use the cig lighter to charge your phone. Otherwise you can put a couple of cans in there and thats it.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s class
I can fit two one litre soda bottles side by side but as Chucky300 said, the ashtray compartment must be closed. I charge my phone by plugging it into the USB port in the center console.

I haven't found a good place for change yet. The glove compartment is a black hole; there's a change holder there but its out of the way and can't be easily reached by the driver.

There may be an alternative place; its been too cold to sit comfortably and play.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
UNIMOG
Originally Posted by Chucky300
Not if the ashtray compartment is open. That must be open in order to use the cig lighter to charge your phone. Otherwise you can put a couple of cans in there and thats it.
Why not use one of the two USB ports inside the armrest?

to answer the cupholder question. You can fit two large mcdonalds soft drinks in them but the only thing I don't like is when you try to open the ash tray with the drinks in the cupholders, you will probably end up pushing the window defrost button
Old 02-24-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
UNIMOG
Originally Posted by jbee
I can fit two one litre soda bottles side by side but as Chucky300 said, the ashtray compartment must be closed. I charge my phone by plugging it into the USB port in the center console.

I haven't found a good place for change yet. The glove compartment is a black hole; there's a change holder there but its out of the way and can't be easily reached by the driver.

There may be an alternative place; its been too cold to sit comfortably and play.
totally Agree. On my 221 my entire armrest was filled with coins to the point they were spilling out. I put change in the ashtray and sometimes in one of those "EXTRA" gum containers that was empty and put it in the driver side door.