S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Germany Export License Plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s430
Germany Export License Plate

My MY15 s550 is being transported to US via the European Delivery Program. I want to keep the Germany Export License Plate on the front as my state is a 1-plate state, only needing the legal plate on the back.

I noticed that the factory already mounted the US sized front plate bracket with the car and have the Germany plate screw on. The Germany plate is longer but narrower. So, the license plate doesn't fit that nicely.

I was wondering if others have purchased the European plate bracket online for the European size front plate. Also, it appears to me that the Germany Export license plate is shorter than the standard European plate. Since I don't have my car yet, I don't know if this is the case for sure.

Anyone have kept their European front plate with the fitted mounting bracket? Any suggestions or experience to share will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63

Originally Posted by darwinl
My MY15 s550 is being transported to US via the European Delivery Program. I want to keep the Germany Export License Plate on the front as my state is a 1-plate state, only needing the legal plate on the back.

I noticed that the factory already mounted the US sized front plate bracket with the car and have the Germany plate screw on. The Germany plate is longer but narrower. So, the license plate doesn't fit that nicely.

I was wondering if others have purchased the European plate bracket online for the European size front plate. Also, it appears to me that the Germany Export license plate is shorter than the standard European plate. Since I don't have my car yet, I don't know if this is the case for sure.

Anyone have kept their European front plate with the fitted mounting bracket? Any suggestions or experience to share will be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a picture of my the Euro Delivery Plate. I have kept it the same as the day it was delivered in Stuttgart. I think it looks fine without any brackets--so I have left it alone. I am in Pennsylvania. PA does not require a front license plate.

Yes the plate is a different size than the normal Euro plate. So I don't think the euro frames sold will fit properly.

Last edited by MTrauman; 08-26-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s430
I am in Eastern PA. I think I may ended up leaving it as is just like yours. Just want to explore options. Also I noticed the plate size is a lot different (appears to be much shorter) than the standard European plates.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
The German plate would likely be equally high as this export plate for US cars (export plates for Euro cars are of the same size as the standard German plates) but longer (wider).

The Euro bracket could look a bit better, it would just leave a bit of "unused support area" at each side. Probably not worth the effort though.