S-Coupe Fixed Roof!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,181 Likes on 1,983 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
I understand. I think however, those that voice their opinions online are in the minority compared to the total number of S buyers. I am told most of the customers never say a word about the run flats.

None of us really have an idea as to what will happen. I think the best one can hope for is an option for a conventional tire or run flat. Having a spare would require a change in the trunk and I just don't see that happening.

One never knows until that time comes, but that is my understanding. I too do not like the run flats, so I have asked every person I possibly can and no one has encouraging answers... so far. I, like you, hope that changes.
Well put.
Looking at BMW's track record with run flats, the customer (the ones that care to write about their opinion) and car mags reaction has been overwhelmingly negative from the start and they never wavered. The statistics must have supported their decision.

From a manufacturing perspective, design changes and supply contracts make this change also less than likely, but one can hope.

When dealing with MBUSA corporate, however, I found this only to be very large marketing and sales operation; technical decisions are made in Germany including for MB's made in the US.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Well put. Looking at BMW's track record with run flats, the customer (the ones that care to write about their opinion) and car mags reaction has been overwhelmingly negative from the start and they never wavered. The statistics must have supported their decision. From a manufacturing perspective, design changes and supply contracts make this change also less than likely, but one can hope. When dealing with MBUSA corporate, however, I found this only to be very large marketing and sales operation; technical decisions are made in Germany including for MB's made in the US.
I am just happy the AMGs are not coming with run flats.

I was nonetheless told by the dealer if the car came with run flats - they would change it to conventional at no cost.