S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Question...If have you driven the Tesla model S vs S550, why did you choose the S550?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:29 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,419 Likes on 2,857 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
That's the nice thing about all the car's software being able to be updated over the air. A recent update already enabled the Model S navigation and maps to use Google Traffic so integrating Waze, which is now owned by Google, should be possible with a software update for Tesla. Sergey Brin, of Google, drives a Model S so I'm sure he'd personally like to see Waze integration in his Model S. Maybe he already has that, given that he and Musk are friends

As a part of the Tesla autonomous driving package update they just activated a new feature that I love. It basically uses the cars sensors to determine if you are at risk of getting a parking ticket and if so the car goes into autonomous driving mode to evade the parking ticket. Here's a video of it in action:

Tesla Model S Ticket Avoidance Mode - YouTube
Old 04-13-2015, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 SL600, 2015 Lexus RX450h, 2014 S550
By invitation I went to test drive the new Tesla P85D today at Donald Trump's golf course in West Palm Beach along with my wife.
There's absolutely no way to compare this Tesla to the S550. First thing my wife says were that the rear seats in the upgraded rear seats were very uncomfortable. Lack of leg space for my 5'4" wife. I sat there to confirm, she's correct. I told her she's spoiled by our long wheel base S550.

The head rests in the front Recaro seats are a joke. Picture your head resting on a basket ball trying to find that sweet spot. The front seats weren't anywhere as comfortable as in the S class. Wife hated it period.

Now the good: the acceleration in "insane" mode was awesome, something like 700 instant hp. The ride was almost as comfortable as my S 550 with 20" wheels. I drove both the Tesla's with 19" & 21" wheels and couldn't tell a difference which was which.

The folding rear seats were the only plus for them. I did like the semi auto pilot that allowed me to follow the car in front of us into a turn & stop at over 30 mph. If Tesla's auto pilot becomes reality, I wonder if Mercedes will have a software upgrade so the Distronics can drive hands free for over 15 seconds without turning off.

The Tesla is a high performance sports sedan much like the Dodge Charger, no way could it be compared to a S63 let alone a S550. My wife hated it, but I wouldn't mind having one as a 2nd car since wife doesn't want it to replace our S550. Technology only goes so far, which I did like in the Tesla.

What was ironic was the cars parked at Trumps golf course parking lot made the Tesla and to some extend our S550 look low rent. There were Ferrari's, Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Aston Martins, Porsche Panamera and an Audi R10 belonging to the club's members there.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:27 AM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Originally Posted by Cptdenny
By invitation I went to test drive the new Tesla P85D today at Donald Trump's golf course in West Palm Beach along with my wife.
There's absolutely no way to compare this Tesla to the S550. First thing my wife says were that the rear seats in the upgraded rear seats were very uncomfortable. Lack of leg space for my 5'4" wife. I sat there to confirm, she's correct. I told her she's spoiled by our long wheel base S550.

The head rests in the front Recaro seats are a joke. Picture your head resting on a basket ball trying to find that sweet spot. The front seats weren't anywhere as comfortable as in the S class. Wife hated it period.

Now the good: the acceleration in "insane" mode was awesome, something like 700 instant hp. The ride was almost as comfortable as my S 550 with 20" wheels. I drove both the Tesla's with 19" & 21" wheels and couldn't tell a difference which was which.

The folding rear seats were the only plus for them. I did like the semi auto pilot that allowed me to follow the car in front of us into a turn & stop at over 30 mph. If Tesla's auto pilot becomes reality, I wonder if Mercedes will have a software upgrade so the Distronics can drive hands free for over 15 seconds without turning off.

The Tesla is a high performance sports sedan much like the Dodge Charger, no way could it be compared to a S63 let alone a S550. My wife hated it, but I wouldn't mind having one as a 2nd car since wife doesn't want it to replace our S550. Technology only goes so far, which I did like in the Tesla.

What was ironic was the cars parked at Trumps golf course parking lot made the Tesla and to some extend our S550 look low rent. There were Ferrari's, Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Aston Martins, Porsche Panamera and an Audi R10 belonging to the club's members there.
"I did like the semi auto pilot that allowed me to follow the car in front of us into a turn & stop at over 30 mph."
All you need to do is leave your hand to rest on top, or strap something on the wheel at speeds above 37MPH. The car will continue to drive itself.
I'm not really sure if the law would allow current Model S to be updated to self driving. It wouldn't be as safe, as I bet the newer versions would have some technology such as a module, or more cameras/upgraded sensors to drive itself.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 216 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by UrBusted
"I did like the semi auto pilot that allowed me to follow the car in front of us into a turn & stop at over 30 mph."
All you need to do is leave your hand to rest on top, or strap something on the wheel at speeds above 37MPH. The car will continue to drive itself. 2014 Mercedes Benz S-Class Driving on the highway by its self!! Look, no hands!! - YouTube
I'm not really sure if the law would allow current Model S to be updated to self driving. It wouldn't be as safe, as I bet the newer versions would have some technology such as a module, or more cameras/upgraded sensors to drive itself.
Ok, you lost me. I don't understand how this video represents the real world driving of the 2014 S550. I don't think my car can make 90 degree turns following a car in front as shown in this video. And how is it that this car drives itself for more than about 12 seconds without the driver touching the steering wheel? My car will follow the car in front (so called auto pilot) at speeds of 37 mph or less, but after about 12 seconds, I still have to touch the steering wheel. Is the auto pilot on my car not working properly? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D

To each his own. My girlfriend is very picky about comfort and she hated the previous generation Tesla seats but loves the next generation seats. Did the Tesla you test drive have the Next Gen seats?

She thought the Mercedes S550 felt old school compared to the Tesla and she suggested that I'd be far happier in a Model S. After 2+ months of ownership, she's right. I've never enjoyed a car I've bought as much as I enjoy our Model S.

Interesting remark about your perception that the Tesla looks low rent. Not the reception we've received from people inquiring about the car. If I have time I offer them a test ride and they are blown away and I tell them it is the future of the car and sooner or later they will have a car that drives just as well.

In a sea of Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches, and Audis in our area It's our Model S that people get up close to have a closer look and sometimes take photos of. An S Class would disappear into the background in our neighborhood.

Our P85D just got better a few days ago when we got another software update that made our P85D even faster. The 0-60 time has now been reduced to about 3 seconds and I've heard the car is capable of about a 2.8s 0-60 acceleration via another software update. There's apparently another update that will further enhance high speed acceleration of the car.

They've also enhanced the audio codecs of the car and the next update is the one where we are dropped off at our front door and the car parks itself in our garage and plugs itself in

I've never owned a car that gets faster and better overnight while I sleep.

Also interesting your remark that the Model S can't be compared to an S63 because we did and had absolutely no interest in the S63 after our Model S test drive. With a mechanical transmission shifting gears and a combustion engine revving up and down the driving characteristics of the S63 were simply not comparable to the refined and linear accelerating of the Model S. With all the noise, smoke, abrupt shifts and drama of the S63, our Tesla can still drive circles around the S63 and leave it in the dust in day to day driving. A 3s Model S is not comparable to a performance build S63 that lags a full second behind the Tesla 0-60.

Something tells me I'm not going to be alone in test driving an S63 and a Model S P85D and opting for the Tesla as more people get to know the Model S and test drive it.

Coincidentally the less expensive mid-range Model S 85D (not the P version) just received a software update as well that enhanced it's 0-60 performance to right about 4 seconds so even a mid trim Model S can keep up with an S63.

And a Dodge Charger? Are you serious as we wouldn't have considered wasting our time even looking at that unrefined rattle trap mess even as an exercise in comic amusement

Last edited by WEBSRFR; 04-13-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:48 AM

2009 SL600, 2015 Lexus RX450h, 2014 S550
Websrfr, we did test ride with the 2nd generation seats. You're comparing acceleration & technology against a luxury benchmark.

Sit in the back seat of your Tesla for a 100 mile drive, then comeback here and tell us how it compares to our long wheel base S550 in comfort. My head rests cradles our heads where the Tesla's head rest feels like an over inflated basket ball. Again, I like the Tesla for what it is, however anyone comparing it against a S Class Mercedes for over all luxury & comfort is out of their minds.

After my Tesla test drives the back of my polo shirt was soaked with sweat, that's low rent.

Once we left the golf club after driving Tesla's for an hour, getting into my S550 was like candy for my a$$. Huge difference in comfort & luxury.

Tesla's are "sport sedans" they are not luxury sedans by any stretch other than their MSRP stickers. Our adult daughter at 5'8" wouldn't even entertain sitting in the back seat of a Tesla with or without the executive seats, which are a joke.

You may be living in a hood full of greenies who adore your car, but here in the real world of luxury your Tesla will be mistaken for a Ford.

In the back drop of the Trump Golf Club, the Tesla's looked out of place, I should have taken photos. Enjoy what you have. Come to think of it, you sound just like the Toyota Prius owners back in 2004-2006. lol
Old 04-14-2015, 04:24 AM

Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Ok, you lost me. I don't understand how this video represents the real world driving of the 2014 S550. I don't think my car can make 90 degree turns following a car in front as shown in this video. And how is it that this car drives itself for more than about 12 seconds without the driver touching the steering wheel? My car will follow the car in front (so called auto pilot) at speeds of 37 mph or less, but after about 12 seconds, I still have to touch the steering wheel. Is the auto pilot on my car not working properly? Thanks in advance for your input.
I doubt it can make 90 degree turns when they are sharp, but if it is not that sharp, as shown at 2:35 it should be able to do it. The 12 second thing is a safety feature, but in the comments people are saying you can trick the system by strapping something to the wheel. Does your distronic work at speeds above 37mph? It does for me and the guy in the video. Try it out on the highway if you still think you are having problems.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
I doubt it can make 90 degree turns when they are sharp, but if it is not that sharp, as shown at 2:35 it should be able to do it. The 12 second thing is a safety feature, but in the comments people are saying you can trick the system by strapping something to the wheel. Does your distronic work at speeds above 37mph? It does for me and the guy in the video. Try it out on the highway if you still think you are having problems.
Yes, my distronic works perfectly above 37 mph on the highway, but again only for about 12 seconds before the steering wheel needs a touch. The 12 second cutoff holds for auto pilot at 37 mph or less as well as much higher speeds on the highway for my car. I exaggerated about the 90 degree turn, but it still looked pretty impressive on the video. I have not tried that maneuver yet. On the video, I did not see anything strapped on the steering wheel and that's why I questioned it.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Yes, my distronic works perfectly above 37 mph on the highway, but again only for about 12 seconds before the steering wheel needs a touch. The 12 second cutoff holds for auto pilot at 37 mph or less as well as much higher speeds on the highway for my car. I exaggerated about the 90 degree turn, but it still looked pretty impressive on the video. I have not tried that maneuver yet. On the video, I did not see anything strapped on the steering wheel and that's why I questioned it.
I noticed that as well, but I just guessed that he moved his knee up every few seconds.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:19 PM

Tesla Model S

leather is the same quality material,

Full Grain Grade Leather which is the best money can buy.

stereo system can play flac and is one of the better ones of its class especially on the new P85D,

And it also updates with better audio codecs.

Tesla doesn't have that but instead more space,and the frunk is excellent at cooling,

Actually the frunk are used as freezers for deer meat in Norway.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
It was a left over 2013 Flying Spur I test rode. It did ride better than the Rolls Ghost though.

I Also test rode the Lexus LS460 minutes after test riding the 2014 S550 I ended up purchasing. The S550 made the LS460 look like a high priced Toyota (which it is).
Im sorry I have a problem with "high-priced toyota" it is so much more reliable than any s-class.That is why when I finally get an s-class I will lease because I have had my ls460l for 8 years or 95k miles and haven't had a single problem, besides by wife destroying the side walls of the tires.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,343 Likes on 2,064 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by BluetecKING
Im sorry I have a problem with "high-priced toyota" it is so much more reliable than any s-class.That is why when I finally get an s-class I will lease because I have had my ls460l for 8 years or 95k miles and haven't had a single problem, besides by wife destroying the side walls of the tires.
Lexus is definitely the brand associated with reliability but Mercedes is listed as #2 behind Lexus if I recall.
The S550 is technically on different level than the LS460, so there is a risk of some nuisance issues. The only issue I have experienced in years was a software update for the transmission and a squeaky window seal. I can live with that
Old 04-14-2015, 06:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Lexus is definitely the brand associated with reliability but Mercedes is listed as #2 behind Lexus if I recall.
The S550 is technically on different level than the LS460, so there is a risk of some nuisance issues. The only issue I have experienced in years was a software update for the transmission and a squeaky window seal. I can live with that
It really depends on what factory your car is coming from. My Ml from Alabama has had a host of problems, whereas my E350 has had none,
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 428 Likes on 353 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by FukUmar

stereo system can play flac and is one of the better ones of its class especially on the new P85D,

Tesla doesn't have that but instead more space,and the frunk is excellent at cooling,

Troll?

Leather quality in the Tesla is awful for car costing so much. Honestly for that price you are buying technology not quality. Sit in a S Class or Bentley or Rolls Royce and then come back to me about leather quality. My 06 CL600 being over 6 years old now has better quality of leather.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Websrfr, we did test ride with the 2nd generation seats. You're comparing acceleration & technology against a luxury benchmark.

Sit in the back seat of your Tesla for a 100 mile drive, then comeback here and tell us how it compares to our long wheel base S550 in comfort. My head rests cradles our heads where the Tesla's head rest feels like an over inflated basket ball. Again, I like the Tesla for what it is, however anyone comparing it against a S Class Mercedes for over all luxury & comfort is out of their minds.

After my Tesla test drives the back of my polo shirt was soaked with sweat, that's low rent.

Once we left the golf club after driving Tesla's for an hour, getting into my S550 was like candy for my a$$. Huge difference in comfort & luxury.

Tesla's are "sport sedans" they are not luxury sedans by any stretch other than their MSRP stickers. Our adult daughter at 5'8" wouldn't even entertain sitting in the back seat of a Tesla with or without the executive seats, which are a joke.

You may be living in a hood full of greenies who adore your car, but here in the real world of luxury your Tesla will be mistaken for a Ford.

In the back drop of the Trump Golf Club, the Tesla's looked out of place, I should have taken photos. Enjoy what you have. Come to think of it, you sound just like the Toyota Prius owners back in 2004-2006. lol

^I agree with this 100%.

However, in WEBSRFR defense in a old post I remember him saying he did buy his Tesla because he found it awesome. I will give him credit for that because at least he is not trying to be a keeping up with the jones guy who needs a Tesla because its a hot new modern car.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
To each his own. My girlfriend is very picky about comfort and she hated the previous generation Tesla seats but loves the next generation seats. Did the Tesla you test drive have the Next Gen seats?

She thought the Mercedes S550 felt old school compared to the Tesla and she suggested that I'd be far happier in a Model S. After 2+ months of ownership, she's right. I've never enjoyed a car I've bought as much as I enjoy our Model S.

Interesting remark about your perception that the Tesla looks low rent. Not the reception we've received from people inquiring about the car. If I have time I offer them a test ride and they are blown away and I tell them it is the future of the car and sooner or later they will have a car that drives just as well.

In a sea of Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches, and Audis in our area It's our Model S that people get up close to have a closer look and sometimes take photos of. An S Class would disappear into the background in our neighborhood.

Our P85D just got better a few days ago when we got another software update that made our P85D even faster. The 0-60 time has now been reduced to about 3 seconds and I've heard the car is capable of about a 2.8s 0-60 acceleration via another software update. There's apparently another update that will further enhance high speed acceleration of the car.

They've also enhanced the audio codecs of the car and the next update is the one where we are dropped off at our front door and the car parks itself in our garage and plugs itself in

I've never owned a car that gets faster and better overnight while I sleep.

Also interesting your remark that the Model S can't be compared to an S63 because we did and had absolutely no interest in the S63 after our Model S test drive. With a mechanical transmission shifting gears and a combustion engine revving up and down the driving characteristics of the S63 were simply not comparable to the refined and linear accelerating of the Model S. With all the noise, smoke, abrupt shifts and drama of the S63, our Tesla can still drive circles around the S63 and leave it in the dust in day to day driving. A 3s Model S is not comparable to a performance build S63 that lags a full second behind the Tesla 0-60.

Something tells me I'm not going to be alone in test driving an S63 and a Model S P85D and opting for the Tesla as more people get to know the Model S and test drive it.

Coincidentally the less expensive mid-range Model S 85D (not the P version) just received a software update as well that enhanced it's 0-60 performance to right about 4 seconds so even a mid trim Model S can keep up with an S63.

And a Dodge Charger? Are you serious as we wouldn't have considered wasting our time even looking at that unrefined rattle trap mess even as an exercise in comic amusement

The new upgrade for the P85 does it 5.2 seconds... So no it cannot keep up with a S63 that does 60 in 3.9...

There has not been a update offered yet for the P85 to do 0-60 in 2.8. Would be cool if they did. In fact Elon was complaining about it might be "Too Fast" for people to buy. Irony if you ask me.

Saying the S63 cant compare to the drive of the P85 is another of saying we wanted the Tesla over the S63... Good for you.

Dodge Chargers are awful. I mean awful. While the P85 I drove had some squeaks it is nothing compared to a Dodge product.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:20 AM

This guy is a troll. Tesla Forums had an opinion of rear seat comfort which differed from this guy who thinks the only good car is the Tesla Model S. He also doesn't drive a Tesla Model S, as seen from his YouTube comments his dream car is a Nissan Leaf, which is ironic as he calls S Class owners poor, hoodrat dinocar owners, and this is the guy which said that the Model S is more luxurious than RR/Bentley/Maybach. All the Tesla owners said otherwise and now he is angry, hence is name is a hate comment against me.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
This guy is a troll. Tesla Forums had an opinion of rear seat comfort which differed from this guy who thinks the only good car is the Tesla Model S. He also doesn't drive a Tesla Model S, as seen from his YouTube comments his dream car is a Nissan Leaf, which is ironic as he calls S Class owners poor, hoodrat dinocar owners, and this is the guy which said that the Model S is more luxurious than RR/Bentley/Maybach. All the Tesla owners said otherwise and now he is angry, hence is name is a hate comment against me.

The guy sounds like a real winner. I wish my dream car was a Nissan Leaf. I guess only rich people buy them instead of $200,000 Bentleys and Rolls Royce's. The internet is full of winners lol.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e550
All this talk of zero to sixty times is out of place in a S222 thread. All day highway driving and city destinations are what adults really do. If you just sit in each car for 2 minutes the comfort levels are obvious.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by wanderfalke
All this talk of zero to sixty times is out of place in a S222 thread. All day highway driving and city destinations are what adults really do. If you just sit in each car for 2 minutes the comfort levels are obvious.
I totally agree with you. To me, it makes zero difference if my car can go from 0 to 60 in 6 seconds or 3 seconds. I don't use my S550 for drag racing. The S550 has more than enough power for me.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:06 PM

Tesla Model S
P85 is the discontinued model that 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.
The P85D does it in 3 seconds, and its the 85D thats went from 5.2 seconds to 4.0 seconds.

Umar is the one trolling over youtube, doing everything he can to spite tesla, making him a very big anti-tesla fanboy.

https://plus.google.com/108981809324...ts/eg2p9LVBteX

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/108948...ts/NKAAhPGHx6N

And thats only one youtube video.

You reap what you sow umar, and I'm going to keep calling you out on your fud like the child you are.

Also the luxury generation view has changed, and its always the Luxury Electric car thats way higher class, refined and more adored than their gas counterparts. Its like comparing kerosene lamps to led lights, or crts to hdtvs, the rotary phone to the smartphone.
The Tesla has changed the view of what constituents for real luxury for the modern world.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:36 PM

The P85D does it in 3 seconds, and its the 85D thats went from 5.2 seconds to 4.0 seconds.

Umar is the one trolling over youtube, doing everything he can to spite tesla, making him a very big anti-tesla fanboy.

You reap what you sow umar, and I'm going to keep calling you out on your fud like the child you are.

Also the luxury generation view has changed, and its always the Luxury Electric car thats way higher class, refined and more adored than their gas counterparts. Its like comparing kerosene lamps to led lights, or crts to hdtvs, the rotary phone to the smartphone.
The Tesla has changed the view of what constituents for real luxury for the modern world.
Thank you for posting those links, as well as proving how immature your username is. If any of you had the time, I would ask you to read all of the google plus conversation to show how ridiculous his allegations are, as well as him calling all non-electric car owners, peasants but for now let's just skip to the main topic.
"Just like the roll royce owner left his rr in the garage, and prefers the Model S as every other Tesla owners prefers the superior Modern Luxury life style as they said they'd never give it up for any mundane and old overpriced and unsexy dino-crappers."
So you are basically Anti-Anything not a Tesla. Let us find another thing you are saying about us S Class owners.
"They prefer to go thousands of miles in Real Refined and Modern Luxury ride that the Tesla offers for free. They don't agree with your archaic sense for comfort, but theirs comfort and lack of **** and unrefinement from your taste in dino cars."
"Also a horse carriage is much fancier than those 20 century styled gas cars. The s class does not offer the modern luxury of The Tesla Class, and to Tesla owners the experience of owning a true luxury car belongs to the Tesla Model S, as seen with their choice over all the other crappy gas cars. And not just Tesla owners agree, but many other buyers of the Model 3."
Since when am I anti-Tesla? I've submitted my request to be notified when the Tesla Model 3 comes out, and am looking to purchase it. Bad move, saying that the RR is less luxurious than the Tesla Model S, on a forum where there are plenty of people who own/sat in RR whereas you are basing your OPINION on something someone said online. Now let me go get some quotes from Tesla owners on what they said about the luxury of the RR/S/Maybach against the Model S.
"The Model S is quite comfortable, but I suspect the Rolls Royce Phantom, Rolls Royce Ghost and the Mercedes Maybach have softer seats. The extra $100-300K these cars cost should get you something a bit better in the rear seat area. What the S does have is quiet eco-friendly power that is both practical and a lot of fun!"
"Don't expect an S to have comfort levels like a Rolls or Maybach. That's just crazy. Even an A8 or MB 550 is cushier. However, we like the balance of sport and cushion. I put the S on line with a Persche Panamera. Good balance. I like it, and drove the A8, MB, Porsche befer buying it."
"Umar - the Model S is the most amazing every-day vehicle ever made, but the seats are definitely not as plush or cushy as the vehicles you named. I have never experienced the executive seats, but I'm sure they are still not of that ilk.

As Teslatap suggested, you can very easily get a beautiful custom replacement for a fraction of the price difference between the the RR's or Maybach, and still have enough left over for a really nice vacation

Don't cheat yourself out of the best driving experience in the world just because of cushier seats on some other, lesser car!"
"No, the Model S seats are not as luxurious as a Maybach or S Class. With S Class you are paying a premium for luxury. With Model S you are paying a premium for a battery that gets you 250 mile all electric range. If luxury is more important than performance and all electric range, you will likely be disappointed and I would recommend you buy a Maybach, Rolls Royce, or other luxury car that you may be considering. Don't expect luxury in Model S, it's interior is on par with cars costing half as much."
"What he said above. If a comfortable back seat is the top priority the Mercedes and Rolls beat the Tesla soundly."
"I own an E350 luxury, E550 coupe sport and a Tesla Model S 85. The E350 has the most comfortable seats and ride quality of all 3 vehicles hands down."
"I was also considering a Mercedes because of the cushy ride. Then someone told me that when I was too old to drive and was in the back seat that I should choose the Mercedes. If you are still at the wheel DRIVE the MS!!"
And also, a lie from him saying stuff without proof, and then calling the billions of people around the world, even the 0.0001% who drive Bugattis e.t.c peasents.
"As you said you pay for another car before you get an oilchange, or you change it up , and say "I do my own oil change", while Tesla owners live a way higher class lifestyle of the 21st century while you are still stuck in the 20th like a peasant in hard trade labor during the great depression."

Last edited by UrBusted; 04-15-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:42 PM

Tesla Model S
http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/foru...comment-624006

You have been flagged on the Tesla Motors Forum as well.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:52 PM

http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/foru...comment-624006

You have been flagged on the Tesla Motors Forum as well.
Flagged for what? Asking for an opinion from the opinions of the owners of two vehicles? That is so bad compared to trying to offend someone by swearing at them with the use of inappropriate usernames. You think I'm not going to reply to you when you say the Tesla Model S attracts more attention than a 1 million dollar Ferrari?

Last edited by UrBusted; 04-15-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s

Good Lord someone ban this troll....

Now go play around on Google+ and complain about 2 cars that you cannot even afford. Hope you do not loose any sleep over the fact that there are cars powered by gas on the road.

Last edited by C280 Sport; 04-15-2015 at 04:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Question...If have you driven the Tesla model S vs S550, why did you choose the S550?