S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

**Vibration when braking**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,603 Likes on 2,062 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by jagwaar
Please allow me to add my 2 cents and some sound advice on the W222. I'm 100% certain that driving habits and heavy breaking will cause the rotors to warp from the friction and excessive heat from pad to rotor...........You proud owners of the W222 have obviously raved, enjoyed and shown people the tech features of your beautiful Mercedes and feel good about the technology. Guess what? If you know how to drive, you don't need these features..........
I disagree. I “know now to drive,” but I just LOVE Distronic and the other safety features. So the brakes wear out faster. I DON’T CARE! The W222 is a LUXURY car. Having these safety features is part of that luxury experience and I truly enjoy them. And, all it takes is just one collision avoided to pay for new pads & rotors over and over again, not to mention my safety, the safety of my family and the safety of a potential victim of an accident. With all the distractions drivers face these days, I’ll take all the help I can get and be happy to pay for it.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55 AMg Mercedes
All that matters is what makes you happy. Simply disregard my point on the thread.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S Class
S Class brake pulsation

Originally Posted by stmiami
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2015 S550 sedan about a month. Everything is great except for one thing. When I'm driving between 45mph-55mph and when I brake to slow down I feel vibration coming from the brake pedal. Today my wife was riding in the passenger seat and she also felt the vibration so it's coming from front end of the car. It's only a month old I'm not sure this is happening because the brakes are new. Should I take it to the dealer? Any help would be great!!

Hi there,
im experiencing the exact issue and was wondering if you were able to resolve it in your vehicle. The issue occurred after I installed new sets of brakes and rotors outside of the dealership. However, I took the car to an authorized dealer who said that the rear rotors were faulty. As they were under warranty, I had the rear brakes and rotors replaced, but the problem is still there. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack