S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Silk Beige/Satin Red Pearl here are some pics.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,729 Likes on 2,130 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I know.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
First of all, I fully agree that these Silk Beige/Satin Red Pearl interiors are just gorgeous. But, is it just me or does anyone else find it a bit off to order an AMG car with something like this? I could see a Silk Beige interior in an S550 or S600, but in an S63? I don't know, but the AMG cars are just so MACHO--for lack of a better word--and these interiors are--well, i don't think you would have ever seen Steve McQueen order an S63 or S65 with anything other than a black interior.

Last edited by Streamliner; 03-14-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
I don't know......for me I have mixed feelings on black interiors.. So, I thought I found the perfect balance with the Porcelain/Black Nappa that I chose for my car. Porcelain seats/dash/other trim.....everthing else black. I just find black so hard to keep care of......re keep clean. I went with the white exterior....so that explains a lot too. I have pics to post, but want to get some night time pose before I put them up.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
This is off topic but is Euro motorcars an Armenian dealership?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BKWard
I don't know......for me I have mixed feelings on black interiors.. So, I thought I found the perfect balance with the Porcelain/Black Nappa that I chose for my car. Porcelain seats/dash/other trim.....everthing else black. I just find black so hard to keep care of......re keep clean. I went with the white exterior....so that explains a lot too. I have pics to post, but want to get some night time pose before I put them up.
For decades, I avoided black interiors. Then one year when I was getting a new Lexus LS460L, the choice of interior colors was dismal and I went for black and have never looked back. On my everyday driver, I find it the easiest color to keep clean--but then I don't eat "everything" bagels while driving either. I would very much like to see an all dark brown (like the brown in Lovin's car) or an all saddle leather interior offered, as I might consider one of those, but something like the Silk Beige is just too light for me. My favorite interior was in my '79 450SL: "Bamboo," and that year, the top of the dash and everything matched. The car was Signal Red and it was to die for. That was my first new MB, from W.I. Simonson, salesman's name: Henry Heil. Go figure.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:27 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,417 Likes on 2,856 Posts
2012 CLS63
had all black on a previous car, wasn't too bad, kind of dusty sometimes, but easy to wipe off.....I often used an air can to keep the nooks clean
Old 03-15-2015, 10:59 AM

S550
Angry

Euromotorcars is a dealer in Germantown Maryland. My salesman was Jeff Burch. He was great, I changed color three times and other changes too until the cars status changed to "red" in the system meaning no more changes. Trying to say he was very patient.

It took 101 days to get the car and every three weeks or so I would go down for a "keep the dream alive" test drive! I'd tell him I was coming, he'd have an S550 sitting out front with tags ready to go and hand me the keys with a "enjoy yourself and have a good drive." No salesperson rode along which I prefer. And I'd take car out for up to 35 minutes or so.

Have not tried service dept yet. But I'm really happy, and happy with price I paid. They did really low ball me on the trade so I sold it myself on Autotrader.com. Got 10K more than they were offering. So I was worried they'd say the money the were marking it down on MSRP would have to be renegotiated since the BMW trade was part of deal.....they did not say a word and still still marked it down about 8% off MSRP. I probably could have done a little better but it was a special,order....no custom stuff but still.,
Old 03-15-2015, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euromotorcars is a dealer in Germantown Maryland. My salesman was Jeff Burch. He was great, I changed color three times and other changes too until the cars status changed to "red" in the system meaning no more changes. Trying to say he was very patient.

It took 101 days to get the car and every three weeks or so I would go down for a "keep the dream alive" test drive! I'd tell him I was coming, he'd have an S550 sitting out front with tags ready to go and hand me the keys with a "enjoy yourself and have a good drive." No salesperson rode along which I prefer. And I'd take car out for up to 35 minutes or so.

Have not tried service dept yet. But I'm really happy, and happy with price I paid. They did really low ball me on the trade so I sold it myself on Autotrader.com. Got 10K more than they were offering. So I was worried they'd say the money the were marking it down on MSRP would have to be renegotiated since the BMW trade was part of deal.....they did not say a word and still still marked it down about 8% off MSRP. I probably could have done a little better but it was a special,order....no custom stuff but still.,
I agree with your face. I don't think anyone here is going to touch that one with a ten foot pole. And it is great to hear of your wonderful purchase experience. I've never heard of numerous, extended test drives like that. Amazing. I wish my dealer would let me do that. Oh well.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:39 PM

none

Oh I saw the Armenian flag on the car's plate and was curious. Sounds like a cool dealership.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:06 AM

S550
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I agree with your face. I don't think anyone here is going to touch that one with a ten foot pole. And it is great to hear of your wonderful purchase experience. I've never heard of numerous, extended test drives like that. Amazing. I wish my dealer would let me do that. Oh well.
That angry face was a total mistake on my part. Did not mean to post that.

As far as selling my Beemer on AutoTrader, I told them (Euromotocars) since there offer was so low I would try to sell it elsewhere and they said "no problem go ahead." I think they said the because they know that most people don't want to deal with it. The first couple of weekends email, after email asking me to call. I finally got better at knowing who to bother calling back. I was trading a BMW 650i Gran Coupe with xDrive. I even had a BMW dealer from Indiana call me, as a courtesy to him I took it too my BNW dealer and had them give it a clean bill of health, but his buyer backed out. It took over 2 months but I did get it done and the whole process once we did a "phone handshake" (which I always find totally unnecessary) we met at my bank, while he did test drive I had the bank look at his certified checks and say they were good) He returned and said let's do it.

One thing....of all the cars in the BMW line up I think the 650i in all its variation i the most overpriced car they sell. What you get for your money compared to a 5 series, or a 7 series.

MBZSW221, Armenian flag...where do you see that?

Brian
Old 03-16-2015, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 428 Posts
Mercedes
Silk Beige/Satin Red Pearl here are some pics.-8966e39f-c178-4277-aff9-c2dd2803349a_zps4bnjf1gp.png

The three color stripe is the Armenian flag colors. I'm sure the owners are hye
Old 03-16-2015, 12:09 PM

none
Originally Posted by tusabes

The three color stripe is the Armenian flag colors. I'm sure the owners are hye
+1. Yeah that's what I thought.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
I always thought the Satin Red/Silk Beige and the Titanium interiors for the AMG will still come with the tufted dashboard diamond leather on the passenger side. It looks like you don't get the square buttons on the seats on the AMG like you do on the regular cars.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 135 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Are those pics the "Silk Beige/Espresso Brown Nappa Leather" ??