S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

NAVIGATION SYSTEM S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
NAVIGATION SYSTEM S550

OK, comments on the Navigation. One of my complaints, when i use navigation I usually (until within a mile of destination) turn down the spoken commands. I spent minutes searching for a way to turn down/off the spoken instructions. Until I figured out that you had to wait for her to start talking, then race to get your fingers to the volume control and turn the volume down while she speaks. Even if you have media playing in background if you turn volume down while she is speaking....her speaking is the only thing that gets turned down.

Now, to turn her back up when you actually want to here the turn by turn voice instruction, I repeat the last voice command spoken and turn it up.

There has got to be a better way.....is there? I know, look through manual but I'd also like to get some feedback on the nav system general.

Another thing I found annoying is when you have it set for dynamic route guidance (where it is taking traffic conditions into account) it is constantly giving you voice notification that it is "Recalculating route now." and it does that over, and over, and over.

Plus, some of the directions it gives are crazy......A lot of times I will know how to get to a general area but once I get there need help for the final 4 or 5 miles. Sometimes it will turn a 30 minute drive into a 45 minute drive if you follow it;'s instructions. I got to play with the route preferences some more.

Whats you thoughts on the Navigation?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Is it your first Mercedes? If you want to mute an audio source, press the mute button. This is how it has been for ages. If you want to mute the radio, press the mute button when radio is on. If you want to mute spoken navi announcements, press the mute button when she talks (you already figured out how to make her talk if she already doesn't, something we hardly ever have to do with other women).

The "recalculating the route" I agree.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Yes, this is my first Mercedes. So, I wait for her to talk, and the hit mute, even if I have music playing? OK, will do.

Brian
Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
2021 e All Terrain, 2001 e55
I have several Ideas for you.

First if you press the voice command on the right side of the steering wheel, you can give the command: voice guidance on OR voice guidance off. I might be wrong on about the exact wording but you get the idea.

If you are on the NAV screen and press voice command button it give you the wording as I recall.

Next, if you press the home button on the left-hand side of the steering wheel and arrow down through navigation submenu you can display the directions on the screen between the speedometer and tachometer.

Finally, if you press the voice command button and ask for navigation help the lady's voice will go through a long series of help options. As she is talking you can adjust the NAV volume at that time.

Hope this helps

Phil