S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Verde Brook

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55
Verde Brook

Does anyone have this color? I saw it today and was impressed by the complexity of the color.

For those people who have it, does it look better in a particular light? How does it look when the car is dirty? Do you like it? Would you buy it again?

For those who haven't seen it, here's the best video I could find:

Old 07-18-2015, 11:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 S550, 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV
Looks interesting, like a metal flake olive? To be honest, I don't recall ever seeing a green colored S-Klasse in the wild... Do we really need two green paint options? Especially when MB is taking away a silver coat in Palladium; leaving only two silver choices, and while I like Diamond Silver, it's essentially a light blue.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,075 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
For a car the caliber of the S Class, there should be WAY more standard color choices. What we currently have, are several shades of black, a few shades of silver and a white that isn't really WHITE. I would love to see some pure, rich, non-metallic shades, like a deep, sort of BRG green, a nice cocoa brown, a rich, solid maroon, a real WHITE and some nice pastel shades, like a good, soft yellow and a great navy blue. Why must everything be metallic these days? One of the most beautiful colors I ever saw on a big car, was a Rolls, finished in a stunning, subtle, solid color Green, with a great saddle leather. It's time for MB to open their eyes. We need more color choices!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,267 Likes on 2,032 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
I have seen the color and it is quite beautiful close-up. At a distance less so unless one likes green cars.

It is a difficult sell with predictably low resale value as any non-mainstream color. Same is possible for the ruby-black. MB used to have a similar color called Almadine Black for the S-Class and that color car had the lowest resale value. The ruby black is much nicer however and beautiful in the sun.

Last edited by Wolfman; 07-19-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:27 AM

'05 E55
Originally Posted by 714Merc
Looks interesting, like a metal flake olive? To be honest, I don't recall ever seeing a green colored S-Klasse in the wild... Do we really need two green paint options? Especially when MB is taking away a silver coat in Palladium; leaving only two silver choices, and while I like Diamond Silver, it's essentially a light blue.
Good description! It is an olive color with metallic flake, but it also changes quite dramatically. In bright sunlight, it tends more towards the greens and brown found in olive. In softer light, it looks dark brown or black. At night, I bet it looks black.

I was intrigued by the color with the lighter interiors (porcelain, tan, etc.) and especially the brown wood veneers (myrtle, burl walnut). It has a richness and warmth that I find lacking in some of the MB colors and color combinations.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I have seen the color and it is quite beautiful close-up. At a distance less so unless one likes green cars.

It is a difficult sell with predictably low resale value as any non-mainstream color. Same is possible for the ruby-black. MB used to have a similar color called Almadine Black for the S-Class and that color car had the lowest resale value.
That's what's great about leasing: pick any color combination you like and just give the car back to MB when the lease is up.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:32 AM

'05 E55
Originally Posted by Streamliner
For a car the caliber of the S Class, there should be WAY more standard color choices. What we currently have, are several shades of black, a few shades of silver and a white that isn't really WHITE. I would love to see some pure, rich, non-metallic shades, like a deep, sort of BRG green, a nice cocoa brown, a rich, solid maroon, a real WHITE and some nice pastel shades, like a good, soft yellow and a great navy blue. Why must everything be metallic these days? One of the most beautiful colors I ever saw on a big car, was a Rolls, finished in a stunning, subtle, solid color Green, with a great saddle leather. It's time for MB to open their eyes. We need more color choices!
+1. I agree 100% Streamliner. The current crop of colors have been around, with minor changes at the fringes, for quite a while. I imagine that there are many shades that would stunning on the lines of this car.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:34 AM

'05 E55

It is a difficult sell with predictably low resale value as any non-mainstream color. Same is possible for the ruby-black. MB used to have a similar color called Almadine Black for the S-Class and that color car had the lowest resale value. The ruby black is much nicer however and beautiful in the sun.
Thanks, Wolf. I hadn't really thought of the distance factor. Does it really just look green? What makes it less impressive from a distance?
Old 07-19-2015, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BklynMarc
+1. I agree 100% Streamliner. The current crop of colors have been around, with minor changes at the fringes, for quite a while. I imagine that there are many shades that would stunning on the lines of this car.
If I am not mistaken, for around $3,500.00, Porsche will still paint any 911 the same color as any sample you give them. Want your new Carerra the same color as your Aunt Mildred's kitchen wallpaper? Just send a sample along with your order and Porsche will paint your new car that EXACT color.

I realize that MB is much larger than Porsche and not as nimble. However, for another $2,000.00 or so, offer an additional 20 colors for your S, SL & up customers to choose from.

True LUXURY is giving the customer MORE choices, not less. I would be HAPPY to pay $5,000.00 extra, just so I could get my S550 WITHOUT the frigging Panorama Roof--which I absolutely HATE. Is that too much too ask for? I mean, I'm just sayin.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BklynMarc
Thanks, Wolf. I hadn't really thought of the distance factor. Does it really just look green? What makes it less impressive from a distance?
I should clarify more.

I saw the car in the showroom and it looked quite green. Not an emerald green, but more of a olive green as stated. Due to the bright halogen lights, the green was very apparent.

That said, the color is quite complex and I assume that outside or on an overcast day, it will turn more into a brown color. From a distance it lost its color detail and just looked like a color that wasn't appealing to me. But then I never cared for green cars. Since personal tastes vary, I can only speak for myself. The car was well matched with silk beige/brown exclusive nappa with extended walnut interior.

If I wanted a brown tone, then mocha black is the way to go. Stunning color in the sun and when overcast it looks like a rich black shade. Had an S-Class in that color for several years and never grew tired of it.

Last edited by Wolfman; 07-19-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 s550 White/Nut Brown
I saw the mocha black this weekend at my dealership and it was gorgeous. That is seriously an under-rated color! Can't say anything about this green but agree 100% that I would probably avoid an unusual color unless it's a lease and you can turn it in after a few years, no questions asked. I chose the ruby-black for that reason. I figure why not! If I get sick of the color in 3 years, no great loss to me. I only have to live with it for 36 months...
Old 07-19-2015, 06:58 AM

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts
2023 Maybach GLS600, 2023 Bentley Bentayga, 2023 Genesis GV60, 2017 AMG GLS63
Give us more colors!

Originally Posted by Streamliner
I too agree 100%, Stremliner: give us more color choices!

Resale value is barely affected. None of the market value folks (KBB, etc) care or ask what color your car is painted. My black S430 was $84K new and sold used for $10K. That's huge depreciation on a popular color.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kath00
I saw the mocha black this weekend at my dealership and it was gorgeous. That is seriously an under-rated color! Can't say anything about this green but agree 100% that I would probably avoid an unusual color unless it's a lease and you can turn it in after a few years, no questions asked. I chose the ruby-black for that reason. I figure why not! If I get sick of the color in 3 years, no great loss to me. I only have to live with it for 36 months...
You will love the ruby black. My comment was related only to resale value which, as you stated, is irrelevant with a lease. I saw the color next to then magnetite black and it is an interesting alternative and well suited to the S.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I should clarify more.

I saw the car in the showroom and it looked quite green. Not an emerald green, but more of a olive green as stated. Due to the bright halogen lights, the green was very apparent.

That said, the color is quite complex and I assume that outside or on an overcast day, it will turn more into a brown color. From a distance it lost its color detail and just looked like a color that wasn't appealing to me. But then I never cared for green cars. Since personal tastes vary, I can only speak for myself. The car was well matched with silk beige/brown exclusive nappa with extended walnut interior.
I just saw an S65 in Verde Brook Metallic w/brown interior and fell in love with the color. My next Mercedes will be that color. It looks like a lighter metallic brownish-black until the sun hits it...then the green comes out.

I can see why some people shy away from it though. When its in an overcast setting the color almost seems like a cloudy black color.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
2012 W221 S63, 2016 W166 GLE350d
Is Verde Brook the same as Peridot Brown offered in Canada?
Old 08-11-2015, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bb1510
Is Verde Brook the same as Peridot Brown offered in Canada?
I've seen it called Peridotbraun, so I suppose so