S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Paint protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 05:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 SL550
Originally Posted by FFXF1
PS ~ Here's a tip you may find useful. When you begin to see wax build-up along the seams of your clear bra, take one of the old rubber erasers you used to buy at the five & dime to put on the end of your pencils. Just gently run it along the seam. Removes 100% of the wax without reside.
Better yet, don't use a product that leaves residue. Zaino Z-CS finished off with the some Z-8 will protect the film ideally and shine like hell.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
For the most part Gladys doesn't do the rain, and after the first salt truck hits the roads she's on jack stands and a trickle charger. If we've had a few good rains to wash the salt off I'll take her out for a quick spin. My other vehicle is a 13 year old Chevy Tahoe.

I blow dry the crevices as well. Once you've mastered the "sheeting" technique you won't need to worry about drying your vehicle, but a dedicated blower is a must.

You can take your car to a robo-wash if you want. I could go into detail why purists would never do it. I've got a good friend who is a hi-end detailer with a rack and a steam cleaner for underbody and frame.

As far as waxes and sealants, they won't stick to OptiCoat, so no use even trying. I hand apply Souveran carnuba and buff it out to give a deep warm shine. Thus the occasional need to clean out the clear bra seams. It only lasts for about 3 to 4 days based on sun and temp, but when freshly applied the car glows.