S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

New Owner questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner questions.

Hi Everyone,

I have developed a small list of outstanding questions after owning the car for a month. I'm hoping some wizards might be able to help me out.

1. Is there a way to show the volume level on the sound system. I don't see any numbers for the volume level. I don't see anything change when the sound goes up and down.

2. Does it really take about a month for a replacement windshield. I have a crack though the whole windshield and they are saying it will have to come from Germany. Is this typical for a model year that has already been out for a year or so?

3. Is there a way to remove the 130MPH speed limit without tuning the car. I just want to remove it, no other changes. The tires they put on go for up to 186. At 130 this car feels like it's got another 70 to go (Track Tested). Is there a shop that will do this?

4. How do you select random songs once connected to iPhone's bluetooth. It plays in order by song name currently.

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 796 Likes on 752 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
Originally Posted by icebeam
2. Does it really take about a month for a replacement windshield. I have a crack though the whole windshield and they are saying it will have to come from Germany. Is this typical for a model year that has already been out for a year or so?
Mine cracked a couple weeks ago...I called on a Mon and they scheduled me for work to start Thu the same week.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:47 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by icebeam
Easy to figure out

Call a few surrounding MB dealers, and ask them how quickly they can repair yours
Old 01-12-2016, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok thanks, between the last two replies I was able to get some good information. All MB dealers in my area quote the same time frame on the glass. It does seem like it can come quickly sometimes. I was just wondering if this was the normal for all MB cars. I have never had a MB before the S550.

Anyone have answers for the other questions.

Thanks!