S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Questions about my 2015 S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 Coupe
Question Questions about my 2015 S550

Hey guys I figured it was worth a shot to ask a few questions here in case any owners know the answers rather than me taking the car to my dealership next week.

1) When I put the car in reverse the screen splits into three things. It shows the reverse camera on the far right of my screen, it shows the 360 degree view to the left of that in the center and then it shows my consumption MPG on the far left. I can't figure out how to get rid of the consumption MPG part on the left. Why would I want to see my consumption when I'm reversing out of a parking spot? I would rather see larger versions of the reverse camera and 360 degree camera so I can view my surroundings better. Does anyone know how to get rid of that?

2) When I receive an incoming call while my phone is connected to bluetooth the ringtone volume is extremely loud through the car even if I don't have the music volume loud at that time. Does anyone know how to adjust the phone volume? I can't seem to find a section for that in the telephone settings. If I turn it down on my phone itself then when I'm not connected to the car the ringer is very low.

3) My car has the black piano wood steering wheel. Unfortunately it got some scratches from wearing a ring. I'm **** about my cars so the scratches drive me crazy now. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to try and polish them out?

4) Is there a way to put all 4 windows down at once? Or do you have to do the front and rear windows separately?

5) What are the remote controllers for that came with the car?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate any insight. I'm loving this car!

- Brian
Old 02-14-2016, 03:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 S550 4matic
I can answer:

2) During the ringing adjust the volume of the ring using your cars volume buttons (+ or -)
4) I believe the only way to put all 4 windows down at once would be to hold the unlock button on the key fob down until windows open.
5) Remote control takes the place of the COMAND touch screen or "wheel" for front seat passengers. Hope that helps!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:22 PM

S550 Coupe
Thanks for the reply.

2) Not sure why I didn't think of trying this. Will try it today.
4) I was trying to see if there was a way to do this while driving the car.
5) I assumed that's what it was for but wasn't sure. Especially since I have (2) controllers.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 S550 4matic
If you have two controllers then 1 has to be for the rear entertainment. Hopefully you don't have two of the same remote.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 217 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by swaynesworld
If you have two controllers then 1 has to be for the rear entertainment. Hopefully you don't have two of the same remote.

FYI: All the remotes are the same. There is a switch on the remotes to use split view, COMAND, Right Rear Entertainment, or Left Rear Entertainment. As soon as one attempts to use the remotes they will figure this out pretty quick.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz 2015 S350 Bluetec
Something that may work on the scratches is a clear coat scratch remover, such as Meguiar Scratch X2.0. Got this advice from some other forums a few years ago and tried in on my A8. The result was a bit of a mixed bag - it removed some and made others look better but did very little for deep scratches. It worked on all interior components with a clear coat - wood veneers, piano black trim plastic, etc. I even used it on the shinny black trim between the side windows.The real difficulty is going to be working the product on the steering wheel as it is a narrow area and you have to work it in fairly firmly. Also suggest you start in an inconspicuous area and see whether you like the result.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:11 PM

2015 S550
"3) My car has the black piano wood steering wheel. Unfortunately it got some scratches from wearing a ring. I'm **** about my cars so the scratches drive me crazy now. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to try and polish them out?"

I've had my car for 8 months now and its still pristine...except the other day I noticed two small ~1cm scratches on the passenger side dash wood...Arghhhh! Any tips on how to remove would be greatly appreciate it. I have no idea how it happened...they are not deep barely barely perceptible to touch...
Old 02-24-2016, 05:14 PM

S550 Coupe
My local Mercedes dealership has a guy they use and they quoted me $275 for the steering wheel. I'm checking around to see other options or places that can do it so that I can compare pricing and then decide who to have do the job.