MB of Cary NC be damned!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
reply from BBB:

This customer used the vilest and most unacceptable language to the staff, to both male and female employees. I would not put the language into the contact I had with him because it is too obscene. He knows the examples. I cannot allow my staff to be on the receiving end of this type of abuse. We need customers and therefore we did not take this action lightly. This was not a single example but happened on more than one occasion.

reply from Google reviews:

Response from the ownerin the last week
As a business we need customers and dollar wise this customer has spent a lot of money with us in fair exchange for goods and services. It would therefore stand to reason that such a customer would not be asked to transfer his business elsewhere without extraordinary reason. That reason is the abusive and unacceptable use of vile language with employees. We have a responsibility to protect our employees from abuse. The language this particular customer used is too obscene to be posted here but the customer knows his own vocabulary. We are confident in the level of customer service we provide and will continue to serve the public to the high standards they deserve.

Again with the vile language......but no examples given......it's easy to say "the customer knows what I mean" but I do not, one persons idea of vile isn't the same as the next guys........what is vile to an old man? The word erection? just an example.......I'm sure either of those guys would be envious of one

Last edited by hyperion667; 02-25-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,075 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
I don't know how you can be so sure. Hyperion said he used "bad language." Doesn't sound too bad to me, but don't know the details.

In any event, without more information, how would you know. One thing is for sure. They can't sell you a car, take your money, and then, without sufficient cause, refuse to honor warranty service.

One question I'd like to know if he was warned by the dealer, prior to taking action, that his behavior was not acceptable and needed to change.

I prefer to fight with loaded guns. It all depends upon your approach and style. I am not suggesting that you initially act aggressively, but they should understand this is important to you.
. As always, you have put into words what the rest of us have been thinking. Well thought out and well said.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I have no idea how I picked up on this thread.... if you need a mirror to look at - then review your own posts - where I know in your mind you are being polite and factual - yet, comments like "this is merely the doing of ONE butthurt man."

Frankly - it is not anyone else's job to imagine your verbal behavior at that dealership - at face value - if you're being "polite" here and still have that expressed attitude - yes, I don't want to be around when you are being less-than-polite.

Sorry it happened - but - yes - it's on you - own it and move on.

Keep the beat !
Old 02-25-2016, 03:10 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I have no idea how I picked up on this thread.... if you need a mirror to look at - then review your own posts - where I know in your mind you are being polite and factual - yet, comments like "this is merely the doing of ONE butthurt man."

Frankly - it is not anyone else's job to imagine your verbal behavior at that dealership - at face value - if you're being "polite" here and still have that expressed attitude - yes, I don't want to be around when you are being less-than-polite.

Keep the beat !
I've been trying to 'own it' as you say; yes......I don't go searching for trouble and I like to think I deal with issues on a case by case basis, thanx for commenting
Old 02-25-2016, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
. One thing is for sure. They can't sell you a car, take your money, and then, without sufficient cause, refuse to honor warranty service.

They sure can as long as the purchaser will receive an equivalent warranty service at another dealership.

And its MBUSA that provides the warranty, not that specific dealer.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:13 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
^ they sure can and sure did LOL

it was a far, lame drive to their stealership too.......they did me a favor

one of the reasons I kept going there was because of the man that sold me the cars.....at first he just seemed like a car seller, but then after getting to know him,
he's a great man with good insight and advice and of course: stories! then again, maybe he was just really good at being a car salesman.......guess I'll never know
Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 S550 4matic (AMG sport package), 2016 Corvette Stingray.
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1

Keep the beat !
+1000
Old 02-26-2016, 12:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
2012 W221 S63, 2016 W166 GLE350d
Quite ridiculous on their behalf for barring you from their dealership.

The staff there are paid a salary to provide a service to their customer; should they fail at their actions are take a misstep and cause damage, it makes every sense that they should face consequences. It is not like you're taking advantage of them or anything like that, you paid for their service and you did not receive. You should at the very least seek for compensation for their causing your inconvenience and your pain and suffering.

You did not do anything wrong and you were right to be upset at what they did, both the mishaps and the final blow. Backing your car into the curb is completely unacceptable as is misordering parts; they should be trained better than this as there's no need in costing the owners of the vehicles their time.

Absolutely mind boggling and ridiculous...
Old 02-26-2016, 07:42 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by wilassasin
+1000

Originally Posted by 5634MG
Quite ridiculous on their behalf for barring you from their dealership.

The staff there are paid a salary to provide a service to their customer; should they fail at their actions are take a misstep and cause damage, it makes every sense that they should face consequences. It is not like you're taking advantage of them or anything like that, you paid for their service and you did not receive. You should at the very least seek for compensation for their causing your inconvenience and your pain and suffering.

You did not do anything wrong and you were right to be upset at what they did, both the mishaps and the final blow. Backing your car into the curb is completely unacceptable as is misordering parts; they should be trained better than this as there's no need in costing the owners of the vehicles their time.

Absolutely mind boggling and ridiculous...
thank you for your supportive post, and I appreciate that you mentioned the 'mistakes' they made........that was one of Marty's issue's......."accidents happen, so what?" was what he said
Old 02-27-2016, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
600 SWB
Sorry to hear that your long-time MB store is not honoring their commitment to the "Best or Nothing".

Make sure to address your concerns to the Mercedes-Benz Customer Advocacy group in Atlanta. They are responsible for ensuring that customers are treated well. I have contacted them a few times and my issues have always been resolved very favorably.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:43 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by dbtk
Sorry to hear that your long-time MB store is not honoring their commitment to the "Best or Nothing".

Make sure to address your concerns to the Mercedes-Benz Customer Advocacy group in Atlanta. They are responsible for ensuring that customers are treated well. I have contacted them a few times and my issues have always been resolved very favorably.
Many thanx!

I will try to find this link
Old 02-28-2016, 08:14 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
this has been getting a lot of hits, I can only hope the fawktards from the dealer have read through this too......then gone out and killed themselves in the most violent way possible
Old 02-29-2016, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by hyperion667
this has been getting a lot of hits, I can only hope the fawktards from the dealer have read through this too......then gone out and killed themselves in the most violent way possible
Literally or figuratively, jokingly or satirically, you are suggesting the dealership are "fawktards" and should go out and commit suicide? In the most violent way possible?

In all honesty, Is this kind of language and narrative you think is mature or suitable for doing business with another professional?

I'm not looking to pick a fight - especially given our past on this forum - but with a statement like that - it's difficult to imagine the relationship between you and the dealer being as peaceful as you describe.

If those are the kinds of comments you even come close to saying - I know I'd ask you to leave my showroom so fast, you wouldn't know what hit you.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:35 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 S550 4matic
The Best and Worst

Originally Posted by Chucky300
Literally or figuratively, jokingly or satirically, you are suggesting the dealership are "fawktards" and should go out and commit suicide? In the most violent way possible?

In all honesty, Is this kind of language and narrative you think is mature or suitable for doing business with another professional?

I'm not looking to pick a fight - especially given our past on this forum - but with a statement like that - it's difficult to imagine the relationship between you and the dealer being as peaceful as you describe.

If those are the kinds of comments you even come close to saying - I know I'd ask you to leave my showroom so fast, you wouldn't know what hit you.
Seems like "Hyperion" has had better days, et haven't we all? This is a good reminder for us all;

Just because you can afford to purchase a high ticket item doesn't mean that you get a "pass" and are allowed to talk with people the way you see fit. Rare is the man who wants to know, "What do they say about me?"

In this instance Hyperion, is his own evaluator of himself. His own judge and jury an therein lies the difficulty. We all are biased in favor of ourselves. When our frame of reference starts with "others" then we have a fighting chance at speaking with other people in a manner that makes them feel like we would have liked to be treated. "Love your neighbor as yourself" before you "...destroy others with your words..." Psalm 52:4
Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 S550 4matic (AMG sport package), 2016 Corvette Stingray.
Originally Posted by Chucky300

Mercedes-Benz of Cary, 2400 Autopark Blvd, Cary, NC 27511

Last edited by wilassasin; 03-05-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by swaynesworld
Seems like "Hyperion" has had better days, et haven't we all? This is a good reminder for us all;

Just because you can afford to purchase a high ticket item doesn't mean that you get a "pass" and are allowed to talk with people the way you see fit. Rare is the man who wants to know, "What do they say about me?"

In this instance Hyperion, is his own evaluator of himself. His own judge and jury an therein lies the difficulty. We all are biased in favor of ourselves. When our frame of reference starts with "others" then we have a fighting chance at speaking with other people in a manner that makes them feel like we would have liked to be treated. "Love your neighbor as yourself" before you "...destroy others with your words..." Psalm 52:4
Not the first time I saw some special language or comments from him. I would also be tossed out of my dealership.

I've had issues with my dealer - some of you remember - they slammed my car into a wall - didn't tell me - I stupidly (and take responsibility) drove off without looking. Parked and noticed the damage - even saw the doctored up security camera footage - showing no damage.

EVEN THEN - I still did not ask my service adviser to commit suicide - or curse him out - or call him any such name.

It's called decorum - and some have it - some do not.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Schedule a sit down with the GM and clear the air. Did you by any chance burn them on the customer satisfaction surveys from MB after the service visits?

(Not Hyperion...that ship has sailed...the other guy who posted the two letters. That relationship may still be salvaged)

BTW, what could you possibly have said? Give us a hint for crying out loud.

Last edited by Mike5215; 02-29-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Schedule a sit down with the GM and clear the air. Did you by any chance burn them on the customer satisfaction surveys from MB after the service visits?

(Not Hyperion...that ship has sailed...the other guy who posted the two letters. That relationship may still be salvaged)

BTW, what could you possibly have said? Give us a hint for crying out loud.
Me personally? I went to the Manager - we worked it out - they fixed it on their dime - what more could I ask? Would I make a big stink about it? If they didn't fix it - yes. What more could I want after they fixed it? I'd like them to teach their employees ethics (the ones who were involved in the coverup, not the actual accident).

I'm fine with them now - no lasting issues. I did not rate them on that visit. I didn't want to get involved with that.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Sorry, I was asking Hyperion what he said specifically. Trying to figure out if the dealership was reasonable in the ban.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
Originally Posted by Mike5215

Thanks, however I’m not interested in repairing a relationship with somebody who can no longer be trusted, or somebody who establishes their position on the ground of lies. In response to my complaint to Attorney General's Office, MB of Lynnwood replied to the AGO that I booked (here I have to copy/paste from their response) a "checking wheel" appointment, and that the dealership does not provide such a service, hence the refusal in servicing my vehicle. The online confirmation of service appointment clearly stated "a 5K factory service". After presenting this confirmation to the GM, he took the "best" possible form of professional etiquette – to shut up and never reply back.

In summary, the whole experience with Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood was similar to dealing with a group of immature and absurd people who do whatever they can to leave a long-lasting bad taste in the Mercedes-Benz customer experience.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
In that case, screw 'em. Show up in the service lane with a reporter from any local affiliate. The larger markets usually have a "consumer advocate". They'd love a story about a luxury dealership refusing to service to a customer's $100,000 car.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
There are good dealers out there. I believe my local dealer is one of them.

The customer service at my dealer is second to none on the sales and service side.

Just to give you an idea of how the employees respect their customers: One Sunday recently I was filling up my gas tank on my '16 S550 4matic at Costco. A gentlemen started asking me about how I liked my car. I explained to him I loved the car. He asked me if their was anything he could do to make my experience with the dealership better. WOW! I was blown away. This guy was a worker in one of their lots on a Sunday morning at the gas station.

The next day I proceeded to send an e-mail to the General Manager of the dealership (I know his since I have purchased many cars from this dealership) to provide positive feedback to the dealership of how they really care about their customers.

So there are good dealerships. You just need to find them and work with them. Over my 30 years of buying MBs I have worked with many dealerships and many are not good. My local dealership is simply awesome and a good one. So find them and try to be loyal to the good ones.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Acura TL 2008 - Acura MDX 2012
Hyper. In my limited experience, I would suggest to just take this as a Great lesson and just start over with the other dealership never to repeat this same behavior. I come from Ukraine too, so I know how we can get all soviet at times.

Its unfortunate what happened to your car while in their care, but these things happen. Its also easy for me to speak lightly of the events because I was not there and don't fully know the history. If you make an appointment to speak privately with the GM he would have it resolved and the MB Tech would have respect for you in the future and may even avoid eye contact. Not to mention he would get chastised. If he does this often enough he will be the one getting replaced.

If the damage was not mended I would take the next step, MBUSA dealer would then look bad and then possibly be willing to help you. All the while having no dirt to put on you as to why they did not right their wrong.

Here in America I learned that we don't get far with hate and direct intimidation. We get farther by being cordial/calm and using our heads in situations where others would not. Especially at a high-end dealership.

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 03-01-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by mercedesbenzs55
Hyper. In my limited experience, I would suggest to just take this as a Great lesson and just start over with the other dealership never to repeat this same behavior. I come from Ukraine too, so I know how we can get all soviet at times.

Its unfortunate what happened to your car while in their care, but these things happen. Its also easy for me to speak lightly of the events because I was not there and don't fully know the history. If you make an appointment to speak privately with the GM he would have it resolved and the MB Tech would have respect for you in the future and may even avoid eye contact. Not to mention he would get chastised. If he does this often enough he will be the one getting replaced.

If the damage was not mended I would take the next step, MBUSA dealer would then look bad and then possibly be willing to help you. All the while having no dirt to put on you as to why they did not right their wrong.

Here in America I learned that we don't get far with hate and direct intimidation. We get farther by being cordial/calm and using our heads in situations where others would not. Especially at a high-end dealership.

+1
Old 03-01-2016, 01:40 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by mercedesbenzs55

thank you my friend, you are very correct, and fwiw, I started out being very friendly and cordial......I even sent my SA an edible arrangement...(fruit) as a sign of good business to come (from me)

I have learned, and have moved on, hopefully my reputation will not proceed me at the new one

Dyakuyu tobi druzhe!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB of Cary NC be damned!