S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Software Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 10:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 S450
Software Update

Took my S550 2015 in to get the keyfob battery problem and the crappy internet situation fixed. They hooked up Star and something awful happened as the whole system crashed during install.. Been 2 days now. They have engineers in Deutschland working on it with them now.. I sure hope they get it all working again..
Old 02-27-2016, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
600 SWB
That's not very reassuring. I plan to take mine in in a week to have updates performed. Hopefully, your MB store gave you a fun loaner, and if not, demand one.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:24 PM

2019 S450
They let me use a C300, Not much fun. Im 6ft 5 in tall.. oh well
The update didnt help the internet radio system. It did let them disable the touch pad that I always seem to lay my hand on and screw up the radio..
I think I am going to cancell the MBrace service as the Internet radio will never work the way it looks.. My cell phone streams music via blue tooth to the radio, works all the time.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:20 PM

2019 S450
Just going thru the menu's. With the update there are some options I hadnt seen before. There is now a option to disable the touchpad so I can use it for a hand rest again. Can now turn on the mike in front so rear passengers can hear what I say thru the radio speakers.. Lot more I havent explored as of yet. Internet still does not work good.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 S550 4matic
Updates

Thanks for the updates on the update. I know many of us will be interested in hearing more.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:50 PM

2019 S450
I noticed a option that turns on the telephone microphone so that the passengers in the back seat can hear very easy what the front passenger says. Now is a option to shut off the stupid touchpad on the center console. Internet connection is still not working. Not sure it ever will.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:05 AM

2019 S450
Software update update

Well, I gave up. Software updates, many calls to Mbrace , 4 days at the dealer and the %^# internet radio still does not work. I now use my cell phone and just use bluetooth to get it to the radio. Works perfect.
I called Mbrace and cancelled all the services. It was almost $500.00 per year and it didnt work.. What a joke..
Old 03-07-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 S550 4Matic, 2010 E350, 2013 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by platt-deutsch
Just going thru the menu's. With the update there are some options I hadnt seen before. There is now a option to disable the touchpad so I can use it for a hand rest again. Can now turn on the mike in front so rear passengers can hear what I say thru the radio speakers.. Lot more I havent explored as of yet. Internet still does not work good.
Did the dealer receipt say what the update code was on the software by chance? This is on the W222 15 s550 , correct ?
Old 04-30-2016, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S 350 L
I do not know if it can be of help, but also in Europe (I am Italian) Internet is practically unusable. The dealer told me that all data must first go to Mercedes servers in Germany and therefore the connection is very, very, very slow.
At the moment also my 2015 W222 is in the workshop for the software update, the retreat Monday.

Carlo
The following users liked this post:
ftlaud1 (04-30-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by c.cal
I do not know if it can be of help, but also in Europe (I am Italian) Internet is practically unusable. The dealer told me that all data must first go to Mercedes servers in Germany and therefore the connection is very, very, very slow.
At the moment also my 2015 W222 is in the workshop for the software update, the retreat Monday.

Carlo
How did the update go ?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:33 AM

S 350 L
Very Very Very bad!
During the update, the system rebooted and the update failed. Something went wrong and the whole car doesn't work properly now. The Burmeister audio system doesn't play any sound and the command reboots while in function :-(
The dealer contacted Mercedes in Stuttgart and now they are operating on the car via remote connection.
The dealer said when this kind of problem happens MB wants to know why and takes the control of the whole operation remotely, lifting the dealer from office.
Maybe they will give me the car in a couple of days...I hope!
At this point internet connection is the last problem :-(

Carlo

Last edited by c.cal; 05-03-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:42 AM

Very Very Very bad!
During the update, the system rebooted and the update failed. Something went wrong and the whole car doesn't work properly now. The Burmeister audio system doesn't play any sound and the command reboots while in function :-(
The dealer contacted Mercedes in Stuttgart and now they are operating on the car via remote connection.
The dealer said when this kind of problem happens MB wants to know why and takes the control of the whole operation remotely, lifting the dealer from office.
Maybe they will give me the car in a couple of days...I hope!
At this point internet connection is the last problem :-(

Carlo
I have read other stories of the same, that's why I am holding back. Even the dealer said NO, don't do it !
Old 05-03-2016, 10:55 AM

S 350 L
Unfortunately my dealer didn't say the same!
Now the treat is done and so they will fix it, or I'll go to Stuttgart :-D
The problem for the truth doesn't bother me that much. The car still has six months of warranty. I already bought the warranty extension for a further two years, so it's covered until 2018.
I just hope that this incident will not give me more problems in the future, but for sure next time I'll think twice before doing a software update...
However, when the dealer will give me the car back, I will inform you on the possible improvement of data connection.

Carlo
Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 AM

S 350 L
Quick update:
After a week that the car is stuck in diagnosis at the dealer's workshop, they have not been able to restore the operation of the audio unit. After several consultations with the German technicians, it seems that the only solution is to upgrade - not remotely - but locally with a DVD. We are waiting for this DVD arrives from Germany.
At present the car is fully functional in all its parts, except the Burmeister surround system.

Carlo

Last edited by c.cal; 05-06-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S550 4matic, 1960 Chevy Impala Conv, (Previously 2002 S500, 2008 S550 4Matic)
That's scary. I hope the DVD will work and get the update installed. Will keep in mind when I need the update.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:50 PM

2019 S450
I think the crappy cell phone device built into the command system is junk. That is why it wont pull internet off the cell towers properly. I am using my Samsung Note 5 and my streaming works perfect and no $500.00 a year bill. I now dont have remote unlock but I will live..
Old 05-06-2016, 11:07 PM

S 350 L
I think here in Europe the internet connection works in a different way:
Here we just have a slot for a sim card in the phone box under the armrest, and we can choose the carrier we want with the plan we prefer.
A faster connection is guaranteed connecting the command to the mobile phone (a sort of teetering), where the whole car wlan uses the connection from the smartphone.
Even if the current hardware only supports 3G connection, I read somewhere that a new 4G hardware will be released in the next months.
But, at least for us in Europe (don't know if it's the same in the US), the main problem for the speed is that all datas pass through Mercedes servers in Germany. This is what makes the internet connection very slow, independently from the hardware.

Carlo
Old 05-12-2016, 06:44 AM

S 350 L
It's now 13 days my car is at the dealer's workshop. They tried everything MercedesBenz Italy and Germany wrote in several emails, but the audio system still doesn't work. Not even the DVD shipped from Germany brought benefits.
They explained me that they must do software updates when the car arrives at the workshop in order to be able to close the file and proceed to the return of the vehicle.
They also told me that the audio unit is not a stand alone hardware, but is built into the main comand online and so, in case of further problems, they will have to replace the whole comand unit.
The problem is that they can't do anything until Mercedes Benz instructs the unit replacement. So we are now waiting for them.
They also suggested me to call Mercedes Benz customer service to open a new file, and speed up proceedings.

Carlo
Old 05-12-2016, 08:15 AM

It's now 13 days my car is at the dealer's workshop. They tried everything MercedesBenz Italy and Germany wrote in several emails, but the audio system still doesn't work. Not even the DVD shipped from Germany brought benefits.
They explained me that they must do software updates when the car arrives at the workshop in order to be able to close the file and proceed to the return of the vehicle.
They also told me that the audio unit is not a stand alone hardware, but is built into the main comand online and so, in case of further problems, they will have to replace the whole comand unit.
The problem is that they can't do anything until Mercedes Benz instructs the unit replacement. So we are now waiting for them.
They also suggested me to call Mercedes Benz customer service to open a new file, and speed up proceedings.

Carlo
Wow ! That's a wild story. Not sure how that can happen and I am going to keep my mouth shut next time I get the urge to ask for a update.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s63,s600 Maybach
Well, I gave up. Software updates, many calls to Mbrace , 4 days at the dealer and the %^# internet radio still does not work. I now use my cell phone and just use bluetooth to get it to the radio. Works perfect.
I called Mbrace and cancelled all the services. It was almost $500.00 per year and it didnt work.. What a joke..

Side note :
I think mid-city engineers offers a remote lock system & remote start with factory fob for about 500$
Old 05-18-2016, 11:23 AM

S 350 L
Last update:My car is back in my garage!
Mercedes Benz managed to replace the only audio unit instead of the whole comand. The price of the unit was more or less €900, labour excluded.
Of course the whole cost of the operation was supported by Mercedes Benz.
The car is now totally updated, there were some mandatory updates like 360° parking camera, audio unit, comand, etc.
The only difference I noticed is this new added function of audio amplification for back seats and just few icons modified.
The dealer also told me that, at least in Italy - don't know if in USA has already been done - ConnectMe will be upgraded to 2.0 version, with new functions included, which will be available for sale on the MB app store online.

Carlo
Old 05-18-2016, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63

Just another perspective---I am extremely persistent.

It took me months upon months of calls to MBrace tier 2 tech support and my dealing with one of the three supervisors at MBrace to get my internet radio working properly. It now works almost flawlessly everyday. I have had my '16 S550 4matic since September. Since about February I have been using it daily without much issue. The software does hang up once in awhile but it is a far cry from where I started. I had a '14 S550 4matic and that car I was very persistent as well with MBrace but did not get as far as the '16. Man it is great if you can get it to work. I am so happy I got it to work. I almost don't listen to Sirius anymore except CNBC since I love the TuneIn and Iheart radio feature.