Condensation /heater

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 s350
Condensation /heater

Hi folks

I have a w222 s350 CDi in the UK. Have been lurking on the group for a while and many thanks to all who have posted previously.

At this time of year the weather is cold and damp normally.

Recently I've been having a little bit of condensation on the inside of the rear window at the bottom approx 1 hr after driving and parking the car. Also some in the rear brake light in the rear window. The dealer has checked everything and no issues found.

Today I came to the car after it had been parked for approx 11 hours and found the windscreen fogged up inside and quite a lot of actual moisture on inside rear window. I had passed the car a few hours earlier and all was fine.

It looks as if the heater or blower has come on at some point whilst the car is off and parked and deposited some moisture inside the car. My AC is always on when I am driving

Is this possible and if so how can it be stopped?

Thanks in advance for your help folks.

Last edited by drotoscope; 12-19-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 s350
Just noticed some friends w222 do the same re condensation - must be a 'feature' of this car!
Old 12-24-2016, 02:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
The evaporator Dry-Blow function may cause the windows to fog up. The function of Dry-Blow is to dry the evaporator when the vehicle is parked in order to avoid odor problems when the engine is restarted. This function blows humid air into the vehicle interior, which can lead to fogged windows under certain outside conditions. “Possible remedy”, discuss problem with shop foreman and request outside temperature threshold value be recoded.