S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

S63 Nut brown Wood Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 09:41 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 S63 Sedan, 2018 GLS 63
S63 Nut brown Wood Options

HI Everyone, I just submitted my order for a 2018 S63 sedan with the Nut Brown/Black Nappa Leather and black exterior, and was wondering if anyone can recommended a good wood combination with Nut brown. I know its personal taste, but I am between the Black Poplar wood, designo Black Piano Lacquer wood and the designo Natural Grain Black Ash wood. Unfortunately my dealer didn't have any vehicles in stock to see, and i couldn't find a good enough picture for the designo Natural Grain Black Ash wood. It seemed to have more of a grey look then black. If anyone has any photos it would be much appreciated.

Also If the Burmeister 3D worth the upgrade?

Thank you.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 522 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Originally Posted by Delta5275
HI Everyone, I just submitted my order for a 2018 S63 sedan with the Nut Brown/Black Nappa Leather and black exterior, and was wondering if anyone can recommended a good wood combination with Nut brown. I know its personal taste, but I am between the Black Poplar wood, designo Black Piano Lacquer wood and the designo Natural Grain Black Ash wood. Unfortunately my dealer didn't have any vehicles in stock to see, and i couldn't find a good enough picture for the designo Natural Grain Black Ash wood. It seemed to have more of a grey look then black. If anyone has any photos it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
I dunno if they offer the lined magnolia wood with the nut brown on the S Class but I just bought a E63 AMG and it has that although the exterior of the car is red, but it looks really sharp. I'd say no on the 3D sound, the regular system sounds awesome in my opinion and the 3D is a really expensive option, I think on the E's it's like 6400 bucks or so, must be around the same on the S. I'd save my money on that one if I were you. I have a 2015 S550 with just the regular Burmeister and it sounds great and I'm kind of a audiophile. I'm pretty sure thats the same system they are still using in the 2018's.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:23 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Delta5275

Thank you.
I have an E300 with the natural grain black ask wood with nut brown/black interior and it does look sharp, but it collects dust easily. It really depends on what your preference is. If you like the look of wood, then consider the natural black ash or the black poplar wood. The black poplar is glossy where as the natural grain is not. I have not seen the natural black ash in an S class yet but from pictures I've seen it looks exactly the same as in the E class. I will attach photos of my E for reference. (Sorry they are not the best but you can see the detail in the wood, also these were the only pics I can find that show the wood the best).

The black lacquer wood from what I've seen does not have the wood look. It reminds me of a glossy piece of black plastic. It looks nice but it does not have the same detail that wood has in my opinion. I personally like the glossy wood look better because it shows the detail of the wood and it is unique because each wood trim is different per vehicle. I have not come across any other car with the natural black ash wood that has the same lines as mine has. Also I do not think my natural black ash wood has a gray tint to it. Sometimes it looks lighter depending on how to sun is hitting it but most of the time it is clearly black.

It is all personal preference, so it comes down to whether or not you want the fine details that come with a wood trim or whether you want a seamless look for the trim. If you like the details in the wood, then you have to decide whether you want glossy (Black Poplar) or matte (Natural Grain Black Ash) wood. If you like the seamless look then the Black Piano Lacquer is the way to go.

With the speakers, my mom's S500 has the standard Burmester speakers that came with it and they sound great. Also my E300's optional Burnester speakers (not the 3-D surround) sound great as well. I do not think it is worth the optional $6,400 to get them unless you have an undying absolute need for the rotating tweeters.

Edit: I know I am showing an E class but I have not seen the natural grain black ash on a 2018 S class yet. So this is the best I can show.

I did not get the optional 3-D surround speakers. They are the optional Burmester speakers that come with P1.

Last edited by makris0000; 10-22-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:57 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 S63 Sedan, 2018 GLS 63
Thank you both for the replies. The pictures look great. I ended up getting the piano black but they said it might be delayed and if it’s a long wait I will change it to black poplar. My order is officially in now it’s time to wait!
Old 09-25-2020, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 c-300 Silver
Me too

Hello all,

I’m new and saw this thread.

I actually have the same issue if anyone knows of a solution other than replacing the whole console. Attached are images, I’m not the original owner it was actually like this when I received it, a bit less, when I cleaned I noticed I took more off and I stopped.

I have a c-300 2017 and no longer in warranty.

Is there paint for it I can put over or just a lost cause?

Old 09-28-2020, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 339 Likes on 221 Posts
S600
I would try a black wood stain applied with a cuetip and a cloth to pick up whatever the wood does not.