S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2018 - discounts, How much % is reasonable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 04:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 - discounts, How much % is reasonable

1) For an ordered car S63 how much is a reasonable discount of mSRP one can expect?
2) on S450 or S560 will it be same as S63?
Old 10-25-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
18 s560
Idk what type of deals people are getting but I ordered a 2018 560 with a sticker of 146k and got it for 123k. I know back in 15, 7-10% was pretty common.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,319 Likes on 2,055 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by JY-MB
Idk what type of deals people are getting but I ordered a 2018 560 with a sticker of 146k and got it for 123k. I know back in 15, 7-10% was pretty common.
$146k sticker at $123k is outstanding. Largest discount I have seen on a S560. Dealers in town here don't even have allocations left for the year with virtually no stock (except some odd builds and the unofficial launch edition - ruby black - mahogany exclusive nappa - sport package). So without real stock I have seen $5k-$7k off and the ruby black up to 10% ($12.5k).
Different cities with more stock will be different. Demand is definitely higher than for the S450. Those are cheap...
Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 PM

18 s560
Originally Posted by Wolfman
$146k sticker at $123k is outstanding. Largest discount I have seen on a S560. Dealers in town here don't even have allocations left for the year with virtually no stock (except some odd builds and the unofficial launch edition - ruby black - mahogany exclusive nappa - sport package). So without real stock I have seen $5k-$7k off and the ruby black up to 10% ($12.5k).
Different cities with more stock will be different. Demand is definitely higher than for the S450. Those are cheap...
well I leased it and I ordered back in may so maybe that helps. there are few s560 locally with hit or miss options. I also commented somewhere asking why so many cars had the mahogany interior. Launch edition huh idk what that is. I wish I would have know it was ruby black.
i chose ruby black because I hardly saw one. I regret it now It’s going to be common!!
Old 10-26-2017, 11:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus LS430
I was going to ask the same question. After looking at preowned and other cars I'm back to ordering the S560. What I don't get is why the dealer is saying they have more risk and can give a lower discount on the car if I order it vs. them ordering one that may sit on the lot and never sell. Isn't it like saying Amazon has a greater risk on you preordering a book than if they buy it and it couldn't potential sit in inventory? If I order it through the dealer it's a guaranteed sale.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by Max3732
I was going to ask the same question. After looking at preowned and other cars I'm back to ordering the S560. What I don't get is why the dealer is saying they have more risk and can give a lower discount on the car if I order it vs. them ordering one that may sit on the lot and never sell. Isn't it like saying Amazon has a greater risk on you preordering a book than if they buy it and it couldn't potential sit in inventory? If I order it through the dealer it's a guaranteed sale.
It is not a guaranteed sale until money is exchanged for the car. One can back out of a car deal until after it is delivered. Additionally, it depends on the options you put on the car. For example, my ordered ‘16 S550 4matic has every option except the 3D stereo system. Since my car had the tray tables and in this dealers market they rarely sell S class cars with tray tables so it may be more “risky” for them since it is not a “normal” car they have sitting on their lot. Just my 2 cents. With that said, I still think it is a BS line on not being able to give you the same discount. My dealer, even though it may be a greater risk, would give me the same discount on an ordered car as the one on the lot but I have also purchased S Class cars from this dealer over 25 years so they know I will buy the car unless it falls off the ship.

Last edited by MTrauman; 10-26-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:26 PM

18 s560
Originally Posted by Max3732
the dealer has an allotment of each type of vehicle. If they go over that they can sometimes do dealer trades for a spot. However they must have something to give in return.
Now in your case, a car in their lot sitting they will be more inclined to give a better discount over using another allocation spot to order one for you. You can order the car and decide not to take it if you so choose and the dealership is stuck with it. Hints the extra risk. Some dealerships require a deposit to place a custom order others do not. Some only require it if it’s a rare option or color.
Ask the dealership what type deal they are willing to give you on a 560 on the lot. After you get a commitment from them on price then ask what they will do if you order one. Explain to them if they are willing to give you the same deal to order one you will commit to buy it. Avoid a deposit if possible but if they are unwilling to match the discount and that’s the dealership you are wanting to buy from then you can go ahead an offer a small deposit if they are willing to give you same discount.
There are dealerships out there that will give the same deal no matter what. But if you arnt picky about options or color a car sitting on the lot will almost always be easier to get a better deal on.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Most dealers sit on AMGs at list to 1-2% off except you could probably negotiate much more >10-15% off a 2017 AMG since the refresh is now here