S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Mbrace response

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2018 | 06:05 PM

s550
Mbrace response

So Mbrace tech support called me back today regarding my call to them that I could not connect to wifi, internet radio or apps. I was told there is a MB issue across the board to all vehicles and MB is aware of it and working on a solution. I asked if it is a hardware issue, (old hardware)ex. my vehicle is a '15 I just purchased and paid for full MBrace coverage until my warranty expires.They said no MB is aware of it and nothing can be done until they correct the problem. They wouldn't divulge more info on the glitch.
I was wondering if anyone else has heard about this problem.
Old 03-14-2018 | 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by lungs414
So Mbrace tech support called me back today regarding my call to them that I could not connect to wifi, internet radio or apps. I was told there is a MB issue across the board to all vehicles and MB is aware of it and working on a solution. I asked if it is a hardware issue, (old hardware)ex. my vehicle is a '15 I just purchased and paid for full MBrace coverage until my warranty expires.They said no MB is aware of it and nothing can be done until they correct the problem. They wouldn't divulge more info on the glitch.
Yesterday you said you received a full refund for MBrace since you could not connect. Did you cancel your service?
Old 03-15-2018 | 06:33 AM

s550
Yes I did. I unexpectedly got a call from MBrace telling me there is a problem with the system on MB side not there side. Was just curious if anyone else has seen this as true. They said all vehicles are affected.
Old 03-15-2018 | 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by lungs414
I cannot speak directly to what they told you but my ‘16 S Class MBrace features are working fine. I use my internet radio (both TuneIn and IHeart) daily and used them this morning.

What I can add is that this sounds like the same scripted BS that I dealt with all the time with MBrace until you get to Tier 2 Tech Support and then ultimately to a Supervisor. But as I said early on on my first W222 (‘14 S Class) I dealt with MBrace almost daily for 6 months. This appears to be their first level of defense saying that it affects all cars and MBrace blames MB. One of the assistants to MBUSA CEO finally called me one day since I had made a comment that I could offer my Management Consulting services to reorganize MBrace and the interface between MBrace and MBUSA. They did not take me up on the offer but they need to figure out how to deal with poor customer service.

I am very happy today with my use of MBrace but only because I was a pain in their you know what for so long that I am sure I have a special place in hell in their minds.
Old 03-15-2018 | 04:42 PM

s550
Thats great that it works for you. I am bringing the car in for some BS that they were supposed to do and plan on mentioning it to them. I had tune-in in my tesla and loved it, just want it to work in this car. If service doesn't help me i plan on calling back and asking for tier 2 support.
Thanks for the tip