S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Marine Traffic App/Website Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
S Class Coupe
Marine Traffic App/Website Help

The app is virtually worthless, and the website isn't much better. Has anyone found any tricks to make it work -- or at least get current updates? My ship's info is 2 days old -- and I learned that after spending more than 30 minutes trying to get either the app or website to work.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:19 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2018 E400 4Matic
If you type your ship name in the search bar it will take you to a page about the vessel. At that time it will show you where it is and when it is due ETA in the next port. Once it is in that port you can view the port and what wharf the ship is at. It allowed me to see when my boat left my car at the Baltimore VPC.
A limitation of the free service is that you can't get any satellite locations. So once your ship is at sea (Beyond the Celtic sea) it is outside of the radar, and no more locations are available. You really won't be able to see it again until it is close to shore. Once there you can track it up a harbor, for example.
I've only used the online version. It worked okay for me within the limitations of the free service.

Last edited by grossmsj; 05-03-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: word correction