S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Has anyone purchased sight unseen for their S550?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 10:05 PM

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
2015 S550, 1987 420 SEL
Originally Posted by Venom-AMG
I'm in los Angeles. Purchased a s600 from SF thru pictures, bmw i8 from new jersey, Tacoma pro from Ohio, and s550 from SD. All never seen in person just pictures. All under manufacturer warranty, clean carfax and owner states no paintwork. None are perfect, theres going to be small paint imperfections. If you are very **** then buy new. You'll never find a perfect car off the boat used. Good luck.
Can't afford to purchase new and never have. The depreciation just makes no sense to me. I know for sure that I won't find the perfect car off the boat, but at least get close. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:08 PM

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
2015 S550, 1987 420 SEL
Originally Posted by stever500
I've purchased plenty of cars sight unseen and had them shipped to my house on a enclosed trailer. Never had an issue but I think I was just lucky and I did my due diligence. The last car I had the sales person walk around the car and describe any inperfection at all - road rash on the wheels, scrape or scuff in the leather, ding to the doors or body, scratches of any kind, etc.

She said there were none at all, and because it was a Ferrari dealer and the car was a 911 Turbo S (3 years old at the time for almost 1/2 off the original MSPR sticker with 7800 miles on it) I just blindly trusted her. The car was "as advertised", perfect.
Same with a 2001 BMW 740i I bought once 2700 miles from home. I had a bimmerboard buddy out there look the car over for me and based on what he saw, and he was kind of an expert, I bought it sight unseen. The car showed up weeks later to my house, it was in amazing conditions. On and on and on with other cars too.

Cool! I could imagine my neighbors peeking out their windows when a truck like that rolls up and then an awesome looking S550 comes rolling down the ramps. Thanks for sharing.