S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2019 S560 vehicle settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S560
2019 S560 vehicle settings

Ok so every time I get in the car it seems like I have to reset certain settings each time. Certain settings do not save and I know there has to be a way to save them. Below are just a few of the settings I am speaking about.

coffee break alert. - I want this off
rest stop. - I want this off
eco setting - button with green light by console. I want that off all the time.

i don’t want the car applying brakes for me or slowing down for me. I want all the assistance stuff that relates to this type of thing shut off. I don’t want the car slowing down for certain road signs. I am still able to drive and I’m very capable of reading signs so I don’t need it to do it for me.

Many help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2018, 08:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
S560 (18), Jeep GC (17), Volvo XC90 (08)
Originally Posted by -=mj=-
Ok so every time I get in the car it seems like I have to reset certain settings each time. Certain settings do not save and I know there has to be a way to save them. Below are just a few of the settings I am speaking about.

coffee break alert. - I want this off
rest stop. - I want this off
eco setting - button with green light by console. I want that off all the time.

i don’t want the car applying brakes for me or slowing down for me. I want all the assistance stuff that relates to this type of thing shut off. I don’t want the car slowing down for certain road signs. I am still able to drive and I’m very capable of reading signs so I don’t need it to do it for me.

Many help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi,

I never switched off the Attention Assist, as it hasn't bothered me yet. Although I do not know what you mean with rest stop, but I can tell you that the eco function (auto start stop) has to be deactivated every time you start the car. There is no simple way to have the setting stored.
It is just a button to push, but I'd wish the car could remember the setting, as numerous other (cheaper) cars do (including my Grand Cherokee).

Daniel
Old 12-24-2018, 12:31 PM

S560
Originally Posted by DanW222
Hi,

I never switched off the Attention Assist, as it hasn't bothered me yet. Although I do not know what you mean with rest stop, but I can tell you that the eco function (auto start stop) has to be deactivated every time you start the car.

Daniel
It is just like the coffee break deal but it tells you its time to take a rest. I really dislike all this crap being pushed on me and feel I should have the option to turn it off and I didn't spend the money I did so I could go in and set all these settings to my liking each time I go to press the start button. What a PITA this car has turned out to be.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,319 Likes on 2,055 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
It is just like the coffee break deal but it tells you its time to take a rest. I really dislike all this crap being pushed on me and feel I should have the option to turn it off and I didn't spend the money I did so I could go in and set all these settings to my liking each time I go to press the start button. What a PITA this car has turned out to be.
Get yourself a car from the eighties and you should be all set.
Attention assist has been in these cars for countless years. As stated, you should be able to simply turn that off. It’s a setting.
Also, ECO mode has been annoying people for a decade and can’t be disabled unless you buy a 3rd party module. It’s cheap so no big deal.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:08 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
Right, all that sh*t can be turned off except the Eco mode button but you simply press it off as soon as you start driving. I turned off ALL THAT OTHER CRAP too including the coffee break thing which all bother me to no end. I HATE electronic nannies and can drive without any of it on my car too. I disabled every single feature on the car, like you. YAY, you're just like me. I hate this stuff but LOVE my car. You'll get used to it at some point in the next few months and really start loving your car. I've had my 2018 for 10 months now and really like it, but hated much of it at first. I found it so unnecessarily complicated, even compared to my 2012 S63 before it.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:35 PM

S560
Still having the issues with some of the setting being back on each time I start the car.

Coffee break setting keeps switching back on after I have turned it off. Once I stop and turn the car off it is back on once I start up again.
All the road sign/brake assist settings do the same thing.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:40 PM

You'll probably just have to bring it to the dealer at this point and maybe the service manager or a sales person can look at it and play around with the settings without you officially "bringing it in for repair" (which would cost money). If they can't figure it out, it may require service of some sort to fix this. If it's bothering you that much, it certainly would for me, it's worth almost any amount of money for them to fix it. We only have 1 live, we should be able to enjoy our cars without it doing this crap.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
S560 (18), Jeep GC (17), Volvo XC90 (08)
Still having the issues with some of the setting being back on each time I start the car.

Coffee break setting keeps switching back on after I have turned it off. Once I stop and turn the car off it is back on once I start up again.
All the road sign/brake assist settings do the same thing.

Have you played around with the Profiles and the seat memory yet? Not sure if it makes a difference, never really paid attention in my S560, but my Volvo does store some settings on the "key".
Maybe you can figure something out there or you really have to take it to the dealer.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:07 AM

S560
Originally Posted by DanW222
Have you played around with the Profiles and the seat memory yet? Not sure if it makes a difference, never really paid attention in my S560, but my Volvo does store some settings on the "key".
Maybe you can figure something out there or you really have to take it to the dealer.

Thats what I’m wondering if it’s something with the profile. I cleared my profile and that wiped everything back to factory. I will play with it again today to see if I can get it fixed.

Another issue I want to shut off is the “Key Not Detected” alert. If I stop and exit car while it’s running, whoever is in the car waiting has to listen to this chime going off because the key isn’t detected. I keep the fob in my pocket so anytime I stop like this I have to get key out and leave it in the car.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 485 Likes on 337 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8

Thats what I’m wondering if it’s something with the profile. I cleared my profile and that wiped everything back to factory. I will play with it again today to see if I can get it fixed.

Another issue I want to shut off is the “Key Not Detected” alert. If I stop and exit car while it’s running, whoever is in the car waiting has to listen to this chime going off because the key isn’t detected. I keep the fob in my pocket so anytime I stop like this I have to get key out and leave it in the car.
Interesting. My 2017 only alerts once as I walk away (perhaps into a gas station). The passenger doesn't hear the alert over and over until I return. It does alert once again as I open the driver door to re-enter the vehicle.
My car does return to notifying me that I need to take a break from driving even though I have turned this setting off. It might take a few start cycles , but it does return after a few days. I wish it would stay off. These features at first seem thoughtful from the manufacturer but eventually become annoying. Mercedes has always been a "safety first" kind of company and I guess their engineers and lawyers find it best to do these things.

As far as the eco-mode issue, my car has a "S" transmission setting that I immediately turn on after startup. I do this because I like the S mode feel but it by default turns off the eco-mode problem. As many have said, it is just another step I take in addition to pressing the "START" button. I too wish it would remember that setting but I've gotten used to just pressing that button.

Last edited by MBS63AMG; 12-30-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
Interesting. My car does return to notifying me that I need to take a break from driving even though I have turned this setting off. It might take a few start cycles , but it does return after a few days. I wish it would stay off. These features at first seem thoughtful from the manufacturer but eventually become annoying. Mercedes has always been a "safety first" kind of company and I guess their engineers and lawyers find it best to do these things.
Just bring it back to your dealer. It's definitely NOT supposed to do that...have them check and fix this.