S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

stay away from Mercedes Benz of Macon for service wow just wow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 Maybach s600
stay away from Mercedes Benz of Macon for service wow just wow

While me and my family were out of town for my sisters wedding my Maybach broke down on the highway. The ideler pully froze up and shredded the belt. It wasn't a big deal we just pulled over and called a few parts stores to see if we could get the parts. However, no one was able to get me the parts that night so we chose to have the car towed to Mercedes Benz of Macon. They called us the next morning to inform us that they could not work on my car because they are not an authorized Maybach service center. Well after making a few calls Mercedes allowed them to take care of the repair on the car which was still under warranty. They then called me and told me that the brakes were close to needing changed and the B service was needed . I agreed and had them go ahead and do the brakes and the B service. Due to my busy and hectic schedule the car was left there for two months. I had the car towed back home to Florida. After I received the car and opened the hood I noticed that there was coolant all over the engine bay and a bunch of pieces of shredded belt left in the engine compartment. I can not believe that such a company as Mercedes-Benz would return a car in this condition. It is 100% unacceptable to me. I can see now why they are not an authorized Maybach service center. They shouldn't be allowed to service anything if this is the level of work that comes out of that place.
P.S. with an extra two months to fix the car, it should have been spotless.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,457 Likes on 962 Posts
No more MB:(
Have you contacted Macon and discuss the concerns? Personally I would have deferred the b service and brakes and had my own MB center perform these items. Clearly they should not be servicing Maybach level cars if they return it this way, and thus MB has not authorized them to service Maybach.
The following 2 users liked this post by places:
declo2000 (10-31-2019), OnlyGerman (10-31-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 09:00 AM

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
s550
I think its ridiculous that they had two months with the car and didn't clean it up of such little mess.
But i also think its ridiculous for you to start a thread asking everyone to stay away from a whole dealership just cause of this.
Am sorry, its just Not enough.
Eitherway, hope you brought this to their attention and they compensated you as deserved.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 331 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Sorry to hear of your bad experience but I too had a 2007 S600 V12 and the idler pulley went bad at 17,000 miles (the only issue I ever had with that car). I can't believe they are still having idler pulley problems 12 years later!!!!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 131 Posts
Too many german broads
Simple repair should of been no fuss. But I would NEVER leave a car at a dealership for that long...Dings, scratches and whatnot...
Old 10-31-2019, 10:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
W221 W222 W216
You would be surprised what happens at dealerships. I have several horror stories. But I will share only one, a guy had just purchased his 2017 R8 V10 and the car had 2400 kms done so far, barely any, the dealership guy took his car and went flying to a road pole at 190km/h, all of this was captured by the camera of another business near by. The car was totaled after much debate, the dealer had tried to mask all the damage and make it look like it was a small bump and the reason why they couldn’t let him see the car was because the car had some type of major electrical problem being worked on. So he had to wait 1 month and a half before they let him see the car. Dealership never told him the truth, it was him who found out after suing them for being so shady. The video of the car flying and hitting that pole won him the case. The judgea ordered the business to give the video after some local workers had shared the story.

Check the before and after miles of the car. But even if it did never leave the dealership, be careful if they tried to mask some small damage.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:06 PM

Received 536 Likes on 293 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
Stopped at that dealer once a couple years back. Was astounded that ALL THE cars were LOCKED IN THE SHOWROOM. I embarrased my husband by saying to the sales people that it was pathetic to have all the cars locked inside the dealership....................I went on to ask them how the hell do you sel la car when all of them are locked in the dealer.......

Last edited by Katie22; 11-02-2019 at 09:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OnlyGerman (11-04-2019)