S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Satellite Radio module BAD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 s63 AMG.
Satellite Radio module BAD

So I went to use satellite radio a few weeks ago on my CPO S63 AMG and had a blank screen , so I make appointment at dealer and today I get what I thought was problem a BAD Satellite Module in Trunk. So Service manager says I got bad news it 3000 k dollars to fix, I say well it is a CPO car till Dec 2019 and I have extended warranty till 2021, he says wow I did not know that , let me check, yea he says that’s not covered but we will eat labor and charge you 2000k dollars. , I say no thanks but that should be covered. It says all electrical components, he said he talked to Owner and says not covered. I called MB customer care and they say what ever dealer says is what is covered , so I tried another dealer and thru phone call explained what was broke and gave him part number. , they said it was covered and I made appointment for Nov 19th to bring car into them. Just beware of certain dealers ,they are truly dishonest and I will reply back to everyone if problem was covered. Hard to believe a CPO car that says all electrical are under warranty and then they hit you with a 3 k dollar bill is making me concerned what they will pull on yea.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 131 Posts
Too many german broads
Originally Posted by FASTTRIP
So I went to use satellite radio a few weeks ago on my CPO S63 AMG and had a blank screen , so I make appointment at dealer and today I get what I thought was problem a BAD Satellite Module in Trunk. So Service manager says I got bad news it 3000 k dollars to fix, I say well it is a CPO car till Dec 2019 and I have extended warranty till 2021, he says wow I did not know that , let me check, yea he says that’s not covered but we will eat labor and charge you 2000k dollars. , I say no thanks but that should be covered. It says all electrical components, he said he talked to Owner and says not covered. I called MB customer care and they say what ever dealer says is what is covered , so I tried another dealer and thru phone call explained what was broke and gave him part number. , they said it was covered and I made appointment for Nov 19th to bring car into them. Just beware of certain dealers ,they are truly dishonest and I will reply back to everyone if problem was covered. Hard to believe a CPO car that says all electrical are under warranty and then they hit you with a 3 k dollar bill is making me concerned what they will pull on yea.
Props to you for doing research and not giving in to the first dealer. I would let that dealer know of their mistake and tell them to get their CPO coverages in check.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63

I am not sure about CPO warranty but under the Extended Limited Warranty MB has the module you are referring to MAY be excluded if they are considering it part of the communications infrastructure. Here is a pic of what I found but you may want to look at any documentation you have specifically about CPO warranty coverage.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:01 AM

2014 s63 AMG.
Thx MTrauman, hopefully the CPO is covered , I wonder if that module is integrated into the 3D sound and that’s why it’s 3 k dollars. When you buy a CPO and warranty you are made to believe even the communication system would be covered, that’s half the functions of the car. So I wonder if that means the stereo isn’t covered. Either? MB should really cover those items, I hope that others question dealers before you buy a CPO , I know you have to pay to play but it is a redundant system , since I can just play over IPhone thru system,or at least till it breaks if it is not covered.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:59 AM

2014 s63 AMG.
Hi All, so at 2nd Dealer for bad SIRUS module and guess what. It’s covered , first dealer tried to charge me 3 k dollars to fix it and said not covered, I don’t want to bad mouth dealer on here. But if your in PA and want to know I will tell you who not to go with. Just PM me , and it’s in your best interest to . But I will say FT Washington Mercedes Benz are honest and can be trusted. So if your ever in doubt of a warranty issue and are told it’s not covered try another. Dealer. They are not the same. And there is a recall on steering rack bolts on some models . OK have a nice day everyone, I am.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:31 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Glad you got it worked out. The dealers are pretty much all dicks.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:38 PM

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
"I called MB customer care and they say what ever dealer says is what is covered..."

I'm a bit concerned that MB customer service either didn't know what is covered or didn't want to intervene between a customer and a dealer. It seems to me that both of those should be their functions. Otherwise what do they exist for?
Old 11-19-2019, 07:26 PM

2014 s63 AMG.
Mercedes customer care really Don’t care, l lol , they never called me back. I really think there are few dealers that do care. I am so relieved. That they fixed it under the warranty, which basically paid for it self on this one item and I paid 3400 for a 2 year extended warranty ,and that module is 3 k from first quote from dealer then they did Monty Hall with me and were going to do it for 2 k , just beware and find a honest dealer and you’ll be OK,
Old 11-22-2019, 10:05 AM

2014 s63 AMG.
Copy of bad Module saying not covered and over2k to fix ,then 2 nd dealer fixing under warranty , always question a charge if your car is under warranty

Last edited by FASTTRIP; 11-22-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:11 AM

2014 s63 AMG.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 131 Posts
Too many german broads
Go back to the original dealer and ask for an explanation
Old 11-22-2019, 12:38 PM

2014 s63 AMG.
They originally tried to charge for 3 k , I have zero trust in them, I trust my new dealer and will support them , honestly would you go back to them?