S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

mBrace, Mercedes me, Sirius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
14' S550 4Matic, BMW F10
mBrace, Mercedes me, Sirius

Fairly new to Mercedes. Have a 2014 S-Class. Does anyone have any of these services and if so, is it worth it? I believe I read that you have to have Sirius in order to get traffic updates on the Nav which would be disappointing.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,992 Likes on 3,138 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
To my understanding, Mercedes me is the app, and mbrace is the subscription service. I have both. Are they "worth" it? Not sure. They are convenient. When the free trial period expires, it's less than 50% likely that I will renew. Mercedes has had several extended periods of significant problems (outages) with the app and related services. Typical for Mercedes, unfortunately.

The main feature of mbrace/Mercedes me that I enjoy is remote start during cold weather. Second nice feature is "Send2benz" which allows an address to be searched on the mobile device, then sent to the nav system. It saves entering the address from the clunky COMAND interface.

Sirius as you may already know is a subscription service. Traffic data (red, yellow, green on the nav system) is provided by Sirius.

Last edited by chassis; 06-16-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 525 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I believe the Sirius "Travel" service can be purchased separately without having to have the Sirius Radio part which does not appeal to me as the sound is not very good. The app is good if you want to remote start the car and send to benz, I'm still covered on that for another year and half as it was 5 years for that and the Sirius travel I think starting in 2016 MY. I dunno if I'd bother continuing on with the app when I have to pay for it. I do have the Entertainment package which I pay for which is $18.00 per month and I'm a rarity in that I like it. I mainly have it for the internet radio which I find sounds better than both XM and even regular streaming through my cell phone. It was a bugger to get setup and had a lot of issues and took a couple of months or so of troubleshooting, I guess I always liked a challenge. I may not continue on with the entertainment package as I do have the tune in radio app on my iPhone 11 which I do notice sounds a little better with streaming than my iPhone 6 it replaced a few months ago. MB does offer the embrace secure package which in the event the vehicle gets stolen they can track it. Without that package I guess they just let the crooks get away with it . To me not really worth it.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:11 PM

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
W222 S550 4Matic and Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I love the remote start, although I think it's odd that it turns off soon as I disarm the car. It's great that I can arm the car from from my phone anywhere in the world, but it's odd that the car's status isn't available unless I attempt a remote start. The system is a bit glitchy, but I've learned that if I exit and sign back in, the chances of encountering a delay are minimal.

The extensive valet mode features are really cool as is the Send2Benz feature. Overall I like it, but I'm a bit disappointed that it's not as robust and sophisticated as offerings from other automakers
Old 06-16-2020, 12:39 AM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
I personally wouldn't pay a dime extra for a service like this. I used it once for like 1 minute when I first bought my 2018 S63 just to try it and then forgot about it till now. Who needs to pay for this? No one!
Old 06-16-2020, 12:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
14' S550 4Matic, BMW F10
Yeah, I'm not sure the remote start works on the 2014 model... so remote lock/unlock is the only real feature I like, maybe vehicle finder. Hmm, $280/yr for that. Smh.

I did find the Sirius Traffic ala cart options. Although I have an offer for Sirius radio for a yr for $5/mo for the first year. Kinda sucks either way as I didn't have to pay for traffic on my BMW and was very helpful and time saving.