S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Refilling Fragrance Bottle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 S550 Executive, 2017 Volvo XC60 R design, 2009 BMW Z4 35i DCT TwinTurbo
Refilling Fragrance Bottle

Rather then bring up an old thread, I thought I'd start a new one. YES, it's easy to refill your fragrance bottle with anything you'd like. Bottle top is a little stubborn at first, just grab the top with your kitchen jar tool and hold the bottom with a rubber glove and twist away. My preference is a Leather smell. Go to Wallyworld or an auto parts store and get Chemical Guys Odor Eliminator Leather Scent spray. This stuff is great for freshening up carpets and trunk area. Unscrew the spray top and just pour and fill your bottle, screw back together and enjoy. Been doing this for 6 mos. now and very satisfied, doesn't smell like artificial scents or cover ups.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:08 PM

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
W222 S550e, C207 E550, W212 E350
The MB fragrance is not going to stain/harm your interior or clothes as some other products might. But to each their own.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 392 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
MB scents are a simple oil based formula. I went to Tommy Bahama and purchased a bottle of the scented oil and it works great. 25 bucks for what is probably a lifetime supply.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W222
Originally Posted by Eddot
Rather then bring up an old thread, I thought I'd start a new one. YES, it's easy to refill your fragrance bottle with anything you'd like. Bottle top is a little stubborn at first, just grab the top with your kitchen jar tool and hold the bottom with a rubber glove and twist away. My preference is a Leather smell. Go to Wallyworld or an auto parts store and get Chemical Guys Odor Eliminator Leather Scent spray. This stuff is great for freshening up carpets and trunk area. Unscrew the spray top and just pour and fill your bottle, screw back together and enjoy. Been doing this for 6 mos. now and very satisfied, doesn't smell like artificial scents or cover ups.
Did you dilute it before you used it? Because it is very concentrated.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:27 AM

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
That's funny... fragrance bottle. In cars. Can you believe we're even discussing this? 10 years ago, people would have laughed if they were told we'd be talking about how to refill the fragrance bottle in our S Class Mercedes 10 years later. I have one in my car's glovebox, but only used the fragrance a few times just to show it off to friends. Each friend said "dude, turn that off, it's too strong". I had it on the lowest setting. Never used it again. Maybe if I was married my wife would care about stuff like this... I don't know, it's just not something I ever thought about till I saw this thread and the one before it. Guess I'm not a fragrance guy.