S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Seat ventilation automatic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 12:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550e, Bolt EV
Seat ventilation automatic?

I’m trying to identify what is causing my seat ventilators to automatically kick on. ‘17 s550e. It seems to happen randomly (though I’m sure it’s something I’m doing)... it seems to happen after the car has been sitting powered OFF for a few minutes. When returning to the vehicle and opening the door, the driver and passenger ventilators will just be roaring at full blast. If you leave them on, they seem to kick on and off intermittently at random intervals. There are other times I enter the car when this does not happen. So I’m not sure what is triggering it... It sure is annoying having to reach over and turn off the passenger side as well as drivers side at seemingly random times.

Any ideas? Thanks...

Old 12-21-2020, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 522 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Not normal, thats kinda a dealer issue, maybe a bad relay or something. Hopefully your still under warranty, god only knows how much a fix with something like that could cost at a dealer with no warrantee.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550e, Bolt EV
I think I found the answer/solution in page 276 of owners manual:

“Activating or deactivating pre-entry cli-
mate control via the SmartKey:
This function is only available for PLUG‐IN HYBRID vehicles.

PLUG‐IN HYBRID: before getting in, the driver's seat area or the whole vehicle interior is briefly warmed or ventilated. The air from the vents is pre-cooled.
X Call up the climate control menu (Y page 274).
X To selectPre-entry Climate Control via Key: turn and press the controller.
X To activate or deactivate: turn the control- ler.
X To exit the menu: press the % button. “
Old 12-23-2020, 01:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
I have the same model car, and yes, it sounds like the pre-conditioning function when you are getting in the car. There is a switch in the row of AC buttons that illuminates blue when this function is enabled. You can disable if you'd like, as I did since it pre-conditions the car anytime the key fob is near the car, even if I'm not entering the car, and that drained my HV battery.

As an aside, you can adjust the passenger side seat ventilation and position from the driver's side door-mounted controls by first pushing the third button labelled "R" (located next to the seat heater button).

Hope this helps!

Last edited by haYnBenz; 12-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ian Ffield (12-24-2020)