S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Key fob LED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 09:43 PM

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 S 450
Key fob LED

The red light stopped working on my "spare" key. Put in new batteries just to make sure and still no light. No big deal, the key works fine.

Anyway, wanted to know if anyone has had this issue and had it fixed. Looks like something that would cost 10 bucks to do at any automotive locksmith but want to make sure there aren't any substantial risk of screwing up the key and then getting myself screwed by MB.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 244 Likes on 196 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by BeanBR
The red light stopped working on my "spare" key. Put in new batteries just to make sure and still no light. No big deal, the key works fine.

Anyway, wanted to know if anyone has had this issue and had it fixed. Looks like something that would cost 10 bucks to do at any automotive locksmith but want to make sure there aren't any substantial risk of screwing up the key and then getting myself screwed by MB.
Possibly you changed the setting from RF to IR? With car thefts up in NY, thieves can easily scan RF signal and take your car in 1 min. There is a way to turn of RF, possibly thats what happen to you.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:34 AM

Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts
S560 Long 4Matic (DE) MY 2018
Originally Posted by BeanBR

Not sure if you are still on warranty and if the warranty terms are similar between yours and mine, but when my key started acting up and began consuming one battery every two weeks, it was replaced under factory warranty.
The following users liked this post:
BeanBR (02-14-2023)