Active headlight malfunction.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 525 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Active headlight malfunction.

Another new issue on the s560 today. I’m getting the active headlight malfunction warning on the message screen. Headlights seem to work fine although when I try to activate the auto high beam feature it won’t let me do that and gives another malfunction notice. Here I just got the malfunction message for brake pads worn message sorted out today at the dealer too. I had just had the pads and rotors replaced at an independent place and when I called them to tell them of this message they basically told me to go away. Made the appointment at the dealer and all they had to do was clear the code and problem solved. Woulda been a simple fix for the independent place. Instead they lost a customer for good. But here are the details of the new issue which happened on the drive back home from the dealer tonight. I don’t think it’s anything related to what the dealer did today. I had them change out the air filters and do a brake flush in addition to clearing the brake fault code. Very happy with this dealer. Mercedes of Clearwater. Plan on using them in the future I may take it back to them for this active headlight malfunction and see if they can cover it under my Mercedes extended warranty it might be a bad headlight positioning motor I have the feeling. Hopefully it’s covered as it sounds like it could be expensive.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 04-14-2023 at 11:43 PM.