S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

4 visits...most recent...6 weeks and counting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 10:15 PM

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
S560
4 visits...most recent...6 weeks and counting

Dealer has had my 2018 S560 for 6 weeks now smh. Just want to vent... Took it in the first time in Jan for my Active Blindspot and Emergency Stop Assist Inoperative alert. They told me it was a software update, and within a week, it came back on. They finally took it in 2 monts later, had it for 3 weeks, and said it was a sensor in the rear. Replaced the sensor, and then 2 days later, the light came back on. When I brought it back, after about 2 weeks, they said it was a zip tie that they forgot to remove, causing the sensor to malfunction (whatever that meant). I went with it. Picked my car up and started driving to Orlando for an appointment I had to look at a vehicle for my daughter. Within 30 minutes of driving, guess what?? The light came back on lol They have now had my car for 6 weeks and within these 6 weeks they tried saying it was caused from front bumper damage (bottom of underliner slightly hanging) and when I did not accept that because that was like that when I bought the vehicle, they decided to tell me they are pulling the back bumper to check for damage there. My advisor has been amazing, and I've been driving a new S500 but its been very cominal dealing with the mechanics at Mercedes of Tampa Bay to say the least and I miss my car. Only reason I haven't been somewhere else is because my warranty ran out, and this work was first looked at when the car was still under CPO so they have to honor it.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:23 AM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 s560v4
I know your frustration. I had the exact same issue. First it was the software, second was a bad sensor and still not fixed.
I got the Shop Manager involved and finally he fixed what he thinks was wrong. That fix was one year ago and no more errors/ messages.

He stated that the sensor (actually a module) that is in the bumper was clipped in place but it still was able to move. It seemed that somehow the bumper was hit and cause the clip on the back of the bumper to crack causing this module to be unstable. There was no visible damage on the bumper.
They wouldn’t replace the bumper under CPO warranty so the shop Forman secured the module with some duct tape. I wasn’t too happy that my car is held together with duct tape but no one will know until now 🤪
The following users liked this post:
Robb92914 (06-29-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 07:46 AM

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
S560
Originally Posted by Denis Osullivan
I know your frustration. I had the exact same issue. First it was the software, second was a bad sensor and still not fixed.
I got the Shop Manager involved and finally he fixed what he thinks was wrong. That fix was one year ago and no more errors/ messages.

He stated that the sensor (actually a module) that is in the bumper was clipped in place but it still was able to move. It seemed that somehow the bumper was hit and cause the clip on the back of the bumper to crack causing this module to be unstable. There was no visible damage on the bumper.
They wouldn’t replace the bumper under CPO warranty so the shop Forman secured the module with some duct tape. I wasn’t too happy that my car is held together with duct tape but no one will know until now 🤪
This actually makes me feel so much better! Im going to send this to my advisor and see if it helps any. At this point ill take the duct tape over replacing my bumper lol