S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Shout out Road Hazard Coverage and MB Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 06:05 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S 450
Shout out Road Hazard Coverage and MB Extended Warranty

Ok, so right now I don't know how this story will end but from what I was told, all will be good. I hope.

Today, on I95 about one hour north of Savannah I hit a pot hole and this happened.

Warning lights on, 0 psi immediately. Pulled over, pressed the MB Connect button, lady comes on the line, asked all the questions, told me tow truck was on it's way and provided a link to track ETA on truck. She told me 90 minutes and 75 minutes later he shows up. I had already informed the MB rep what dealership I would like the car to be towed to so the car was put on the flat bed and off we went. MB offered complimentary Uber but no Uber was going to pick me up in the middle of the highway. Since I am way more than 100 away from home, MB says MB Extended Warranty will reimburse me up to US$ 300.00 for hotel and other related expenses while I wait for the car to be ready. Bad part is, 4th of July so nobody will start work on this car before tomorrow and my plans in NC had to be cancelled.

From the pictures you can see the tire is gone. I hope the wheel is ok but if it's not I hope I don't get any grief from the road hazard people. So far, all my experiences with them have been positive. In 18 months, My Road Hazard Coverage has been used twice to replace punctured tires. Considering each of these tires cost US$ 440.00+tax at my dealership, it has already pretty much paid for itself.

All in all I'm pretty happy I bought both extended warranty and road hazard coverage when I purchased the car. For the punctured tires in the past it worked well and I'm curious to see how it will do in this case since it envolves possibly more damage and travel expenses reimbursement.
Attached Thumbnails Shout out Road Hazard Coverage and MB Extended Warranty-img_6171.jpeg   Shout out Road Hazard Coverage and MB Extended Warranty-img_6169.jpeg   Shout out Road Hazard Coverage and MB Extended Warranty-img_6172.jpeg   Shout out Road Hazard Coverage and MB Extended Warranty-img_6175.jpeg   Shout out Road Hazard Coverage and MB Extended Warranty-captura-de-tela-2023-07-04-s-5.55.45-pm.jpg  

Old 07-05-2023, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 257 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
Interesting case of when having a spare tire would have been a real benefit v. run flats.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:11 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S 450
Originally Posted by Tom in Austin
Interesting case of when having a spare tire would have been a real benefit v. run flats.
Have been considering that for a while. However there is no space for a full wheel/tire on my trunk. Do you know if there is one of those slim spare wheels suitable for a W222?
Old 07-06-2023, 09:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by BeanBR
Have been considering that for a while. However there is no space for a full wheel/tire on my trunk. Do you know if there is one of those slim spare wheels suitable for a W222?
there is. i believe a spare from W221's with a red rim on it can be used.
Old 08-15-2023, 06:34 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
'15 E350, '20 S560
https://modernspare.com/product/2013...e-kit-options/

If you haven’t found a spare solution yet, this might work.
The following users liked this post:
Nice Ride (08-16-2023)