Carwash Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 05:03 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 s560v4
Carwash Settings

Unfortunately there are time that I must take the car thru a carwash. lol

I noticed that the front camera opens and closes several times as the car moved within the carwash. How can I set it so the camera doesn't open?
I also try to remember to raise the car. Other settings that should be activated?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2023, 07:54 PM
Veteran: Navy

Received 162 Likes on 94 Posts
Various
Good timing, I’ve been thinking the same thing. Recently went thru a car wash and I noticed the cameras turning on/off. Plus the beeping of sensors. And I saw a recent utube video where an Audi SUV’s rear hatch opened and it nearly tore it off.

Screenshot from my owners manual. Is there a car wash setting for a quick one stop configuration? Any idea if I put the key in a faraday pouch once in Neutral and enter the car wash the car won’t freak that it’s moving with no key detected? This would prevent the truck from opening.

The following users liked this post:
frankjr8 (08-01-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 03:35 PM

Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts
2016 S550
How do car washes work where you’re at?
Here, I drive onto a conveyor belt and put the car in neutral. The conveyor belt pushes the wheels on one side of the car and the car moves through the wash.
For me, I turn on 360 cam to see the wheels and line up the tire to the conveyor belt. Once I’m in the wash I turn off the cameras so that they’re closed and not getting wet (front and rear cam).
There are other washes where you drive in, park, and the wash machine moves around the car to wash it.