Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 09:17 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
No navigation with oversized vehicle

iPhone 13 Pro Max
iOS 16.6

Mercedes connect app giving me error showing route anywhere. Error: No navigation with oversized vehicle.

WTF?

Update app. Now says only. Unable to calculate route

Is this a Mercedes problem or a ME problem?
Old 09-05-2023, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,833 Likes on 2,560 Posts
2019 C63CS
What exactly are you doing? Why are you trying to navigate with the Mercedes me connect app? Use Google Maps etc. via CarPlay or the car's navigation system. You can send an destination from your phone to the car and then start the navigation there. I know you can enter an destination in the Mercedes me connect app and then have it give you a route, but that doesn't actually navigate. In order to navigate you have to send the destination to the car and start navigation in the car. If it says unable to calculate a route, then for some reason there's no route between your current location and the destination. A rare occurrence, but I suppose it could happen. You gonna have to provide some more details such as screenshots so we can actually see what you are trying to do, but sounds like a misunderstanding on your part.
Old 09-05-2023, 10:03 PM

2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by superswiss
What exactly are you doing? Why are you trying to navigate with the Mercedes me connect app? Use Google Maps etc. via CarPlay or the car's navigation system. You can send an destination from your phone to the car and then start the navigation there. I know you can enter an destination in the Mercedes me connect app and then have it give you a route, but that doesn't actually navigate. In order to navigate you have to send the destination to the car and start navigation in the car. If it says unable to calculate a route, then for some reason there's no route between your current location and the destination. A rare occurrence, but I suppose it could happen. You gonna have to provide some more details such as screenshots so we can actually see what you are trying to do, but sounds like a misunderstanding on your part.
???

I’ve been using it for a year and it works until today? Much easier to send address to the car than inputting with COMAND.

I am referring to using the app to show routing. It’s a feature I use even if you don’t. It no longer shows the route.

Error message

Last edited by zitsky; 09-05-2023 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2023, 10:23 PM

Received 200 Likes on 131 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
I also like sending the route to the car like you. Have you shut down the app and restarted it yet? Also, clear the app cache/memory, not the data, and ou shold be good to go. If that doesn't work you'll need to uninstall the app and reinstall.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by zitsky
???

I’ve been using it for a year and it works until today? Much easier to send address to the car than inputting with COMAND.

I am referring to using the app to show routing. It’s a feature I use even if you don’t. It no longer shows the route.

Error message
Yes, that's what I meant. Not sure why you are getting this error message. Works fine here. But did you know that you don't have to use the Mercedes me connect app directly to do this? You can just search for the place in Google Maps, Apple Maps etc. then tap Share and tap Mercedes me connect as the app to share it with to send the destination to the car? (see second screenshot)

Old 09-06-2023, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
So I found this. There's an extra for routing with oversized vehicles. Don't know if this is even available in the US, but it could be a bug in the Mercedes me connect app that it is incorrectly thinking your car is oversized. Do you see any options in the app to specify vehicle parameters? I don't have any in my app as far as I can see.

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-sk...d-vehicles/550
Old 09-06-2023, 08:19 AM

2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by superswiss
So I found this. There's an extra for routing with oversized vehicles. Don't know if this is even available in the US, but it could be a bug in the Mercedes me connect app that it is incorrectly thinking your car is oversized. Do you see any options in the app to specify vehicle parameters? I don't have any in my app as far as I can see.

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-sk...d-vehicles/550
I see no settings. And this happened without me doing anything. I’ll try uninstalling. Already tried updating.

EDIT: Deleting app from iPhone and reinstalling fixed the problem. It didn’t prompt for a password so it must have saved data somewhere. There is no setting to delete app data or cache that I can see.

Last edited by zitsky; 09-06-2023 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-06-2023, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by zitsky
I see no settings. And this happened without me doing anything. I’ll try uninstalling. Already tried updating.

EDIT: Deleting app from iPhone and reinstalling fixed the problem. It didn’t prompt for a password so it must have saved data somewhere. There is no setting to delete app data or cache that I can see.
Excellent! Glad you managed to resolve it. Deleting an app on the iPhone also deletes the data, but the login might be based on the device ID, so the device essentially stays logged in on the backend for a while. I thought I did have to login fresh, though, last time I deleted the app and did a fresh install, but it's been a while and I may have manually logged out before deleting the app. If you manually log out in the app that's also supposed to clear the cache and data.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,676 Likes on 1,716 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
What does the vehicle being "oversized" have to do with navigation? Very odd warning lol
Old 09-07-2023, 09:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,493 Likes on 2,120 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by SW20S
What does the vehicle being "oversized" have to do with navigation? Very odd warning lol
I understand if the height will matter as perhaps some tunnels there are height limits. I am guessing in the case of oversized, for example (https://tenaxtransport.com/wp-conten...rsize-load.jpg) you don't want to go on narrow routes or country roads with one lane for example.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by SW20S
If you look at the oversized vehicle navigation feature I posted above, it has a lot to do with navigation. Not relevant for a standard S Class perhaps, so this was clearly a bug, but in the context of pulling a trailer this feature is meant to keep you off roads that are too narrow, have entry restriction, don't support the length, width and height of the vehicle + trailer such as tunnels mentioned above or don't support the gross weight of the vehicle + trailer. More of a thing in Europe where you find narrow roads with weight restrictions and entire roads where you are not allowed to drive with a trailer.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-07-2023 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,676 Likes on 1,716 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
All that makes sense